Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dawn Song



I hear a twittering of birds,
And now they burst in song.
How sweet, although it wants the words!
It shall not want them long,
For I will set some to the note
Which bubbles from the thrush's throat.

O jewelled night, that reign'st on high,
Where is thy crescent moon?
Thy stars have faded from the sky,
The sun is coming soon.
The summer night is passed away,
Sing welcome to the summer day.

Robert Fuller Murray

I have to say that dawn has become one of my favorite times of the day...yes, this from someone who has admittedly been a night person all their life. The city still quiet, the light in the sky a sort of grayish-blue as the world rises out of darkness, and there is just something special about being awoken by the cheerful song of the birds rather than the harsh shrill of the alarm clock.  Dawn signifies rebirth, new beginnings.  It is an ideal time for cleansing oneself--physically, spiritually, and emotionally.

Don't get me wrong. I haven't forsaken my beloved night. It will always remain my special time. There is something magical about standing outdoors under a star-filled sky.  I find comfort in the dark; it gives me a sense of inner peace. The darkness is needed. It is our chance to recharge.  The day tires us, but it is the night that rejuvenates us and makes us whole again.

Maidens Dancing In Moonlight

Then, as the broad moon rose on high,
The maidens stood the altar nigh;
And some in graceful measure
The well-loved spot danced round,
With lightsome footsteps treading
The soft and grassy ground.

Sappho

What is your favorite time of day? Are you a morning person or an evening person?

Not much going on in my life. Still trying to iron out this issue with my health care. Work has been extremely stressful, and I am trying, oh so hard, to keep my stress level down. Something has to give there. This lack of boundary issues with clients is too much for anyone to have to deal with on a daily basis. The AC is down again as well. That certainly doesn't  help; with stress.  It's only our floor and our half of the floor that doesn't work. The men who take care of it don't seem to know what's wrong with it.  Well, in that case stop being so cheap and call someone else.

Sharon, a Canary Melon is similar to a Honeydew only it is bright yellow on the outside and a pale flesh on the inside. They are common in the Asian countries, so, with my living a block away from little Chinatown, it is easy to get one. They are so juicy and super sweet. I totally love them.

By the way, has anyone been watching the new Dallas?  What do you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. Guess I am basically a Morning Person, since I have the more pep, in the morning. I seem to come up with the sun, and get sleepy with it setting.

    Used to rise much earlier than now. But somehow, it's now later. Wish it was earlier. But hey, my body knows what it wants/needs. Silly me should not question it. :-)

    I began watching "Dallas," and have stopped. I love the theme song, and all the old and some of the new characters too. But... For some weird reason, it does not have closed captioning for the hearing imparred. ?????? Most every thing does.

    If I can't read dialogue, I have to have tv volume up to awful levels. I really don't want to do that to my husband. He would let me, but, I need to start the hearing aide process. It's my issue. Not gonna' make him suffer with tv volume, because of it.

    Unless something is on tv, which I really neeeeed to turn it up for. Which he happily does.

    Mmmmm, procrastination? Did someone mention that? In regard for my trying out a new hearing aide? Hehhhhhhh... Oh yeah. -sigh-

    Gentle hugs,
    "Auntie"
    "When a man gives his opinion, he's a man.
    When a woman give her opinion, she's a bitch."

    ~~Bette Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the wee early morning. I love to watch the sun come up and the changing of the colors of the sky as the sun lights up the world on our side of the ocean.

    I also adore the night when I can see and feel Grandmother Moon shining over us and even when I cannot see her. There is something very magickal about Herself, Her Tides that I am pulled to, drawn to.

    I've not heard of your type of melon before...I wonder if they have it at our Farmer's Market here. Hmmmm They sound wonderful. I picked up a juicy watermelon today. Going to have some a bit later. My bedtime snack, lol. My bad...to much sugar before bed.

    As for Dallas, I haven't seen it yet. Not sure if I will. You can't top the old one in my humble view.

    I so wish you could retire Mary and be finished with that stressful job. And to add AC probs on top of that is just the pitts!

    I'll be glad when your testing is over with and you find out where you stand so you can find some balance again. It's the not knowing that is unnerving. Try to hang in there Sister Love! You know I've got your back.

    (((Much Love and Peace to You!)))

    ReplyDelete