Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday This and That


Good morning, everyone.  It's a rainy day here in the city, one of those days that  you just want to roll over and go back to sleep. I'm feeling kind of out of it today...a little tired, but also a little scattered.  I think the weather has much to do with. This up and down business with temperatures weighs on one after awhile. 

I want to take the time to tell you that I really appreciated your responses yesterday, and you were all right.  It is time to back off from the smoking group. I've been a counselor for years; I should know by now that you can't help those who don't want to help themselves.  It's bothered me for awhile, but I am feeling so much better now. I think the following says it all, and most of us can apply it to some part of our lives.


"There comes a time when the pain of continuing exceeds the pain of stopping.  At that moment, a threshold is crossed.  What seemed unthinkable becomes thinkable.  Slowly, the realization emerges that the choice is to continue what you have been doing is the choice to live in discomfort, and the choice to stop what you have been doing is the choice to breathe deeply and freely again.  Once that realization has emerged, you can either honor it or ignore it, but you cannot forget it.  What has become known can not become unknown again."
                              --Gary Zukov--

I've been continuing with my reading of Shamanic Egyptian astrology, and I am totally hooked.  It's something totally new to me, and I can't seem to get enough of it...but, unfortunately, there is not much out there about it.  I do believe I have the only book written about it, but I foresee many more coming in the future.  The gist of this astrology is the substitution of the Egyptian pantheon--Hathor, Isis on April 20th--for the Greek and Roman deities--Taurus, Venus on April 20th-- currently in use and integrates this with Shamanic practices. In Egyptian astrology, we are brought back to the time before the imbalance between the masculine and feminine occurred...to a time prior to patriarchy when both were equally celebrated...a time before our wounding.  It's really, really interesting, but I am still learning, and will not pass anything on until I know I am passing on the correct information.

Here's hoping to a wonderful afternoon and evening.  May you all have a blessed day.

3 comments:

  1. I must say I've never heard of Shamanic Egyptian Astrology before, so I'm looking forward to whatever you reveal about it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh, I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Mary! It is suppose to rain here all week with thunderstorms. We need the rain so can't complain. Looking forward to learning more about Shamanic Egyptian Astrology from you. Wishing you a week of sunshine!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete