Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Morning Blues

Good morning, everyone on this dreary Monday morning.  I'm always the first one here at work.  I love this alone time before the hustle and bustle of the day begins.  I come in, read my mail while having my breakfast, check out blogland.  It's just so peaceful...and sometimes a little frightening.  Sometimes the thought will cross my mind that I am alone here, and anyone can come up...but, I brush that aside quickly.

Ah, a rough day in store for me.  These awful trainings...year after year after year...same stuff.  Pay me the extra money, and I'd be happy to do the classes.  After four years, I think I know it well enough.  Why, I can even quote the jokes...so why not me?  I think what bothers me most is having to travel to the trainings when we  have loads of space here.  Like Friday's training, our who staff had to travel to another site...that's 7 of us who had to travel when there is only 2 people at the other site who would have had to travel.  Where is the logic there?

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again, and meeting again, after moments or after lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends."
--Richard Bach--

What a beautiful thought, isn't it?...Knowing that you will meet again be it in this lifetime or another. I've always hated good-byes, but it's comforting to know that good-bye is not forever, isn't it?    Have you ever met someone and looked into their eyes and just known that you have met and loved before?  This is how it was for hubby and I. From the moment we met, I knew we had been in each other's lives for forever. 

I was still recuperating and working on issues stemming from a 12 year relationship with an abusive man.  On a beautiful August day, I was sitting on a bench in Washington Square Park, reading my book, and minding my own business.  I had sworn off men.  From now on, I was going to take care of me.  I was going to be an independent woman.  I was so tired of being hurt. It was then that a man approached and said, "Would you mind if I sat next to you?"  I looked up and into the eyes of my soul mate...and we have been together ever since...my soul mate, my love.

8 comments:

  1. Training classes are so boring. UGH! You should apply to teach them, why not? It's not like you don't know the information. It's so nice to see couples that still really love each other and enjoy each others company. Wishing you and easy week!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~what a beautiful story of you and your l♥ve...to have eachother and spend your days together with the one your heart and mind connect so deeply with is such a grand blessing...i l♥ve the quote...my father always told me...it is never goodbye but till we meet again...a thought i always carry within me...wishing you a wonderful day...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely story of how you and your husband met :)
    i hope goodbyes are not forever...i'm counting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly the Universe had other plans for you that morning in Washington Square Park! Nice how things worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know goodbyes are not forever, but sometimes it's so hard to hold the thought....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you, during this rough week. -sigh-

    ReplyDelete
  7. How romantic! He is STILL sitting next to you! Beautiful :0) I thought of you today as I was driving my daughter to Hoboken to get the path to the city (she has to attend a 3 day seminar) and hoped your day turned out better than you expected. Thank you for your sweet comment on my Blog. Have a peaceful evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like when we lest expect it, true love comes along. Shows we're not in control;^) X.

    ReplyDelete