Good morning, everyone. I can't believe Monday has rolled around again...and is it every cold outside!!! Cold, windy, and of all days, the train was late, so I sat in the cold for almost a half hour shivering and wishing I had worn a warmer jacket. Hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day. My sons were both great to me...flowers, Barnes & Noble giftcards. Then, when darkness fell and my sons had both gone out, and hubby was in bed, I lit my candles and honored my female ancestors. I don't have any pictures because of the fire, and I think that's what makes me the saddest, so instead I use the certificates of birth, death, and marriage that I obtained through the state. Wow, before I knew it, the tears were rolling down my cheeks, and I had a cry like I hadn't had in years. I called out to my mom and my grandma how much I was missing them and asked them to forgive any wrongs I may have done. I think they must have been there with me, because soon I was feeling such an overwhelming sense of peace, almost as if they had taken me into their arms, hugging me. A very, very emotional evening for me, but a healing evening...and one that was needed.
On another note, I was given the Life is Good Award by inannasstar
a couple of days ago. Thank you so much for thinking of me, but it doesn't come free. To earn it, I have to answer some questions posed by inannasstar.
1. Do the curtains match the carpet? Actually, no. In fact, I have five rooms, but windows only in the two bedrooms. (That's the way houses are built here in the city)
2. What is your favorite holiday? I love Halloween; yes, I know it's not a real holiday, but to me it is. Christmas and Thanksgiving are special because the family gets together, but Halloween is my day to be me.
3. What is your favorite documentary? Gosh, there are so many. The one that comes to mind I saw about a year ago, a documentary on the Druids, but, for the life of me, I cannot remember what it is called.
4. What is your favorite thing to do when you can do whatever you please? I love to read. That is my passion. This weekend I bought 6 more books. I could open my own bookstore if I wanted to.
5. Whose ass would you like to kick up to their ears? My office roommate. She just makes me feel so miserable, and I think having to share an office with her is part of my reason for hating this job so. It's so unfair when you are busting your butt, and someone else is sitting on personal calls, playing games on the computer, and basically doing nothing...and I MEAN nothing. She does NO work. There are people on her caseload who completed last year. No notes, no nothing. And, what bugs me the most is that management allows it to go on. It's awful having to share an office with that going on. (Sorry this turned into a rant, but it was a great question).
6. Twilight or Trueblood? I fell in love with Twilight. Can't tell you how many times I have seen it.
7. Favorite breed/type of pet: Actually, I love all animals, and if I were in the country, would have quite a menagerie. But, since I am in the city, I would have to say a cat. Somehow, it just don't seem fair to me to have dogs cooped up in a small apartment...unless it is a wee little doggie.
8. What is your beverage of choice? Sugared Pepsi Cola. Unfortunately, it is off my list right now. Puts on too much weight.
9. If you could make a new federal law, what would it be? Oh, that's an easy one--three day weekends.
10. What is your favorite dessert? Anything with chocolate in it, but especially the chocolate mousse cakes we have for birthdays here at my job.
So, that's it, that's me in a nutshell. And somehow the questions got messed up in a different order, but they are all there. So, now here are my ten questions to be passed on.
1. What is your favorite food?
2. What is your favorite television show?
3. If you could live wherever you wanted, where would it be?
4. Who is your hero?
5. Favorite drink?
6. What are your hobbies?
7. Who is your favorite author?
8. Favorite subject when you were in school?
9. Day or night person"
10. Favorite holiday?
And the lucky winners are:
Actually, there are just so many others. All of you are dear to me and deserve an award, but some of you have received this one all ready, and others have award free blogs, so this award is for all of you.
Hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful day.