Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning everyone.  Still cold here in Brooklyn.  Wanted to get my butt out of the house yesterday to buy myself a Neti pot.  My sinuses are a mess.  I had one, but have no idea where it went after all the construction in the apartment.  Not feeling up to par lately.  Cold chills in my body, fatigue, runny nose, but not overly runny, scratchy, but not sore throat.  I'm thinking sinus issues. And yesterday it was enough to keep me in.  The Neti pot will have to wait for the time being.  Hubby did have a cold a week and a half ago, and perhaps my body is struggling to fight it off.  I do eat very healthy and lots of fruit and veggies are on my menu so my immune system is pretty strong.  A cold is definitely on the horizon....unless I can head it off.

Also need to get more Yogi teas for the winter.  I adore the Throat and Immune Support teas.  
Took this picture of the seagulls the other day.  So many of them.  And are they ever loud. Some Chinese lady feeds them.  I'm surprised there were no pigeons interspersed with them, but all I saw was seagulls swarming around and settling on buildings or the ground.

Look closely.  I can't believe these bulbs are already coming up.  It's not even winter yet.  I've never planted bulbs, so I am unsure about them.  Do they always come up so early or could it be the warmer weather we had up until the other day?
Spent some time wrapping over the weekend.  Gift bags are just about done. 
Today's Advent gift.  Only 10 more gifts to open.  There's a couple that I've been really tempted, but I'm doing this thing right.

Going to have some of my homemade turkey soup tonight.  Just what the doctor calls for. 

Have a wonderful day.







13 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better quickly. Being sick during the holidays when there are things to do is a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Thank goodness we have a couple weeks to go. Should be up to par by then.

      Delete
  2. I'm not a gardener but I don't think those bulbs should be coming up yet? About neti pots, I heard a report on TV just recently that people who use them should use distilled water in them, not tap water, for health reasons. I know some people swear by neti pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one. Lost it in all the construction. I have chronic sinus issues and it does help.

      Delete
  3. Careful with the neti pot... And something we always do in our house when we feel a cold coming on, make a tea of dried oregano with honey and lemon, of course. Oregano oil is a natural antibiotic and can be pricey for a little bottle. We use fresh if on hand, or dried. If you like, you can even add a sliver of fresh garlic. It works! ENJOY...FA LA LA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You know a couple months ago I was about to order some oregano oil. Don't know what stopped me.

      Delete
  4. Bulbs come up on their own timetable. We have had them come up in summer before now (though it often is a reflection on weird weather).
    I hope you can get the cold/sinus issues sorted out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather here has been weird. Very warm up until this week.

      Delete
  5. Hope you feel better soon.
    Homemade turkey soup, so warming and delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, this is the time for sinus problems. Feel better soon Mary.
    Wow! Now that's a lot of birds!!!
    Your gift bags look festive a filled with treasures.

    Have a great evening 🎄🎅🎁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sometimes there are even more birds. There is a Chinese woman who feeds them bringing on thousands of gulls, pigeons, and little birds.

      Delete
  7. I hope you're feeling better! I'm so sorry! I don't think those bulbs should be coming up! That's weird! Your advent calendar is so cool! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete