Friday, December 21, 2018

Friday Roundup

Solstice greetings.  Happy Yule.  It's a nasty rainy day here in Brooklyn.  A good day to stay in, light the tree, some scented candles and just take it easy. 

Been an up and down week here.  Was not up to par on Monday so I stayed in again.  On Tuesday I ran a few errands--put money on my fare card and picked up some fruit at the market--after getting my hair cut.  When I can't style without blow drying I know it is time to cut.  I'm terrible with a blow dryer.  One side will come out nice, the other all messed up.  Nope.  For me, wash and wear is the way to go.

Wednesday was another quiet one.   Stayed in to wait for a package that was supposed to be delivered on Monday.  Another mess up where they tried to say I wasn't home.  Speaking of packages.  Every Christmas I order from Figi's.  This year I added a few kinds of fudge to my order.  Now, I am almost positive that USPS delivery guys know Figi's by now, and know that it is food items that they are delivering, so why did whoever delivered my fudge leave it sitting out on a hot radiator in the lobby. It's all hot and melted. Don't even know if it will be good anymore...and Figi's is expensive. That's about $30 worth of fudge. How stupid can someone be?

Fiji's was very good about it though.  In no way did I blame them, but they took full responsibility and not only reimbursed me, but sent out a new order by express mail so I have it in time for Christmas.  That's a company I will continue doing business with.  They stand by their product and their customers.  

Wednesday Advent Calendar gift.
Orgonite is a substance made of resin, metals and quartz that are used for healing and creating a balanced and positively energized environment. They can be a great tool for meditation and enhance your spiritual growth.  Mine is made of Rose quartz,   the crystal of unconditional love, a powerful yet gentle heart chakra healer, bringing deep inner healing and fostering self-love. 

Thursday Advent gift
Satin Spar Selenite--TV Rock.  This is a type of selenite made of parallel crystal fibers that allow light to pass through.  When you place a TV Rock on top of an image, it magnifies it, and brings the image through the rock to the surface.
So I t ried it out by placing it on the little metal box I received a few days ago.
And this was the result.  Awesome.

Went to my WW workshop on Wednesday.  Didn't really feel like it, but I had two packages left to deliver.  My sleep has been badly disrupted lately, and I can't pinpoint what is going on.  Went to bed at 10 pm and lay awake tossing and turning until 4:30 in the morning.  Then got up at 6:30.  Not healthy to get such little sleep and so far nothing has worked to help me.  Tried Sleepy Time Tea, Lavender and Chamomile tea, reading, etc.  Nothing. 

Friday Advent gift
Crystal Moon Oil Bottle.  This beautiful moon pendant contains a tiny chamber that can fit a few drops of a favorite oil.

And that's the end of this year's Advent calendar.  Can't wait til next year.  

Wishing you all a happy Yule.

10 comments:

  1. Your advent gifts have been fantastic and magical. Thank you so much for sharing these treasures with us! I will miss seeing them until next year.
    I wonder if you can be feeling the anxiety of the holidays and this is causing you to not sleep. Have you tried lavender oil? I put a drop on each wrist, on my pillow and on a tissue that I keep under my pillow. The scent relaxes me and I fall asleep. If you try this, be sure the oil can be used on the skin. Do Not use it if it is an oil to be used for crafts such as candle making on your skin.
    That was very nice that you received a replacement for the blunder by the deliverer.
    Have a great day Mary 🎅🎁🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be right. Anxiety over the holidays. That and I need quiet darkness to sleep, and lately some neighbors, I don't know which ones, have been carrying on long after the 11 o'clock law for noise in a building. They don't blast music. They just talk loud and laugh, fun yes, but not when someone is trying to sleep. Then, once they are quiet I start to dose off finally and it's time for hubby to come home from work. He tries to be quiet, but I immediately awaken when I hear his key in the door.

      Delete
  2. Fiji's is a quality company for sending you more fudge! Winter Solstice blessings to you, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fudge is on its way and scheduled to arrive Christmas Eve. USPS better not mess up again.

      Delete
  3. I am not surprised you will continue to do business with Fijis. That is a truly lovely gesture.
    Sigh on the sleep front. Sleep deprivation is torture (as too many cultures know). I hope you get a good night soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate keeping the television on at night, but which is the lesser of the two evils. I wonder.

      Delete
  4. Fiji's sound a very good company …

    Sorry you are not sleeping too well at the moment, hope things improve soon.

    Happy yule

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like feeling this way, and I get cranky when I am tired. Something has to give.

      Delete
  5. That wind & rain today was something else! Ishitunot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That company is amazing!! I truly loved all your advent gifts! Happy Yule my friend! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete