Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Good Tuesday morning. Got out yesterday to do a bit of shopping.  Bought the ingredients needed for Aloo Gobi, an Indian cauliflower and potato curry...recipe through the subscription box I get from Piquant Post.  
Oh my, was it ever delicious. Had it with some green beans and carrots.  Quite filling.

Today's gift.  
 I really don't need anymore incense, but this one smells so good. 

Going to put together another pot of soup today.  Love my soups in the winter.  It's hard trying to find things to do to keep myself occupied.  No classes for the month of December.  I cannot stand the Senior Centers around here.  No Christmas shopping left to do.  Too chilly to go sit in the park.  Guess I'll just take a walk around the block. 

Don't even feel like reading. I finished my book--The Age of Miracles-- on Sunday.  It was one of those books that when you finish, you wonder if you will be able to find anything as good.  Thankfully, my Book of the Month club books are on the way, "Circe", by Madeline Miller, a retelling of the goddess's story,  and "Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance" by Ruth Emmie Long, a modern magic tale.  Both have rave reviews.

Hubby is sick again.  Every time I turn around he's got one of these nasty colds that linger on and on.  I know people with emphysema get more colds and bronchitis than others.  I just wish I could do something for him besides make ginger tea.  It's so hard when you have to sit around and watch a loved one suffer. 

Have a good one.












11 comments:

  1. The Aloo Gobi looks delicious!
    I burn incense everyday. The white sage sounds interesting.
    Thankfully with winter weather already here...I love curling up with a good book and a cup of tea in front of the fireplace...heaven on Earth :).
    I know that it must be hard on you, too, when your hubby isn't feeling well. Walking is a great way to release that pent-up energy and frustration.
    Take good care of yourself and remember...you have more books on the way.

    Hugs ❄🎄🎅🎁❄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit leery of incense and cones now. We have new smoke alarms up on the ceiling. They are electrical and our ceilings are a good 14 foot high or more. Afraid the smoke will set it off and then how to I get the smoke alarm to stop. I know I am being silly.

      Delete
    2. You aren't being silly at all!
      You definitely do not want to set off an alarm that you cannot control.
      If it should happen that something minor such as smoke from incense burning could set off an alarm, you might dispell it by opening a window...or just use the incense as a lovely fragrance in drawers or linen closets ❄🎄❄

      Delete
  2. That soup looks marvelous. The only reason to like winter is that it is the time for making soup and cookies. I made six dozen cookies (for grandchildren at college) yesterday and today I will make potato leek soup. I have to stay busy and I do enjoy cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In summer I live on salads and in the winter I live on soups. Most of the time. There are days that I enjoy a full meal with hubby. Potato leek sounds yummy.

      Delete
  3. That soup picture inspires me to start making soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love Aloo Gobi! Vegetables have never tasted so good, LOL! And I've read that book "Circe" -- you will DEFINITELY enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indian vegetable dishes are delightful. And hooray for soup.
    I am sorry your husband is unwell again, and remember only too well that worry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We burn incense all the time...Jason is the one that loves it and picks it out....although I also enjoy. He says you can never have too much!!!

    Hope your husband feels better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love curries and your Aloo Gobi looks good :)

    Hoping your husband feels a lot better soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your food always looks so good! I love sage, but I'm allergic to it! I truly hope your hubby feels better soon! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete