Monday, December 10, 2018

Monday This and That

Good Monday morning.We are inching closer and closer to Christmas, and the pace is quickening.  I'm proud to say I am pretty much ready for it.  Just have a few presents to wrap and then I am already.   I'm thinking about last Christmas.  Gifts are still at my daughters.  We never did have our family get-together.  Nothing better get in the way of this year's celebration.  I know accidents happen, and my daughter suffered so with that ankle break, but I have already started lecturing her on being careful.

This weekend I addressed the cards and am just waiting now for my stamps to arrive.  I find it much easier to order them through the mail than go stand in long lines.  I didn't make church yesterday.  Didn't even leave the house.  Haven't been sleeping well lately, only about 3-4 hours a night.  Don't know what's going on, but yesterday I forced myself to stay in bed and catch an extra hour or two.

Been opening my gifts as scheduled.  Proud of myself for not tearing everything open at once,
Saturday's Advent gift.

Sunday's Advent gift

Today's Advent gift. 
 
Can't believe what I did. Every Saturday I get my pill distributor out and dole out my pills for the week. Last week I used the last Amlopidine of my old RX and took one from the new bottle.  Then, after finishing I put the bottles away and tossed the old one.  But, instead of throwing out the old bottle, I threw out the new bottle.  How I managed to do that, I don't know.  Chalk it up to not paying attention, but you can imagine how I felt when I discovered an empty bottle.  Amlopidine is the pill I stopped taking on my own a year ago and ended up in the ER with heart palpitations.  Don't want that to happen again.  

So, after a series of phone calls to Advantage Care and the pharmacy, I managed to get a replacement RX, but it was going to cost me $140.   Well, it just so happened that a couple weeks ago I received a Good RX card in the mail. I was about to toss it because I already have insurance,  and my medication, aside from the vitamin D, is free. But, something told me to hang onto it, and I put it in my wallet. Turns out that card helped me save big time. Instead of paying $140 for my RX, I ended up paying $22.90.  Big difference.
One of my neighbors left these two little guys in the lobby for someone to take.  Really don't need anymore knickknacks, but I couldn't resist.

Have an awesome Monday.

11 comments:

  1. It is a good feeling when you are on schedule with the holiday season's preparations...good for you Mary.
    That was scary what you went through with your medications. You were truly lucky it all worked out.
    More wonderful advent gifts and staying strong, not peeking ahead is like being a child again at Christmas.
    Your two new additions to your home are adorable. I probably would have taken them in, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I actually tossed away 90 pills. Just thankful it all worked out.

      Delete
  2. Good for you for being ready for Christmas two weeks in advance. I wish I could say the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was still working, I used to be racing around the last week of Christmas. This is so much better.

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness you had that Good RX card! Very fortunate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to think I was going to throw it away, but decided to keep it. Everything happens for a reason.

      Delete
  4. How lucky that the script didn't cost you a fortune.
    And hooray for being just about ready for Christmas. I am emphatically not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what I would have done. That's a lot of money for someone on a fixed income to lay out. I was blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew!
    That was a good saving, thank goodness!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely was lucky. Would have taken me weeks to get back on budget.

      Delete
  7. $22.90 is a BIG difference! So happy you didn't throw out that card! Love those two little guys! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete