Thursday, December 13, 2018

Thursday Odds and Ends.


I used to pass this awesome lion sculpture every day on my way to work.  The city does have some wonderful architecture if one just takes the time to notice it.
Love my salads, but haven't been eating them since the Romaine scare.  Eating soups and vegetable dishes instead.  Will take me awhile to get over it.
My two beautiful granddaughters.
This is the book that opened me up to Indian spices.  Awesome book.  I highly recommend it.
My two great great aunts from England.  I never did meet them, but I did hear stories.  One of them was blind and lived near Newton, NJ.  She had clothesline strung up throughout her yard so she could get around.
 A stormy day in Brooklyn.
Out with the crew at Wahlburgers.  Friend Ellen, daughter, her then boyfriend, myself, my son and his girlfriend.  Later we went to view the Christmas lights.
This was the home of one of my fifth great-grandfather, Francis Leighton, a  Revolutionary War hero and his father-in-law, Samuel Fitch, my 6th great-grandfather. The house in Westford, MA dates back to 1711.
Me, my grandson, and my great-grandson.
Family photo.   Hubby, ex son-in-law, grandson and great grandson, daughter, son, and myself in my chubbier days.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm a picture taking fanatic. And my favorite way of doing so is when people aren't expecting it.

      Delete
  2. Hello, thank you for sharing these photos of your family and yourself with us. And also that 1711 house. I lived for a year in Claremont, New Hampshire, in a very old house. But it dated back only to 1808. Still, I found myself writing stories in my mind about all that had happened there! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I do know how you felt. The park I go to in the summer sits on land my Dutch ancestors once owned. I like to sit there and picture their lives back then in the 1600's.

      Delete
  3. I love these posts! Great photos Mary! I love salads too! I agree about the romaine! I have been making mine from spinach now. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinach is a good idea, but I did get sick on that one time, too. Of course, it may have been something else, but I was really ill and haven't been able to eat raw spinach since.

      Delete
  4. Your family is beautiful.
    Spinach leaves or rocket both work well in salads. I hope you can find an alternative to romaine that you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It too us many years to get together. Sadly, my mom kept us apart, but I have forgiven her.

      Delete
  5. I love your picture posts...so informative and neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salads are good, but a shame about the Romaine scare …
    Soups are delicious.

    Lovely photographs within your post, thanks for sharing them with us.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. And this is the second Romaine scare in a couple months. Will be quite awhile before I eat it again.

    ReplyDelete