Monday, December 17, 2018

Monday This and That

Good Monday morning.  Last full week before Christmas. I'm pretty much prepared.  Just have to get  the food.  I'm making baked ziti for Christmas Eve.  My son's girlfriend is a vegetarian so I'll make the meatballs and sausages in a separate pan. Then we have our usual snacks--chips and dip.  My son loves my black bean dip.  Also make shrimp for Ralph and buffalo wings for the rest of us.

Stayed in both Friday and Saturday.  Felt pretty miserable on Friday, but by Saturday I was feeling somewhat better.   Wrapped a few outstanding gifts and just sat and relaxed in my rocker.  I was wishing I had a good book to read.  Had been depending on the two books I ordered from the Book of the Month Club, but just my luck.  They got lost in transit.  Now I have to wait for the replacement.
I did receive my book from Amazon, though, so I have had something to read.  The doctor was concerned about recent tests.  He said my kidney function was getting worse.  I have never had a problem with my kidney function, but the levels were high.  I guess this book is more important to me now anyway.  I'm hoping I just didn't have enough water that day.  Dehydration can cause higher levels as well.

Saturday's Advent Gift
Sunday's Advent Gift 
Think I am going to keep some of my smaller crystals in this box.

Both weekend days were pretty much a washout in my book.  Saturday it didn't rain as much, but it was cloudy and damp.  Not the kind of day I wanted to be running around with....especially when I am trying to get rid of a cold which now seems pretty much settled in my sinuses.  Sunday it rained...and rained hard.  No way was I going out in that.   I catch the bus across the street, but I need money on my fare card and that's a 3 block walk away. Would surely be drenched by then.

Today's Advent Gift 
I bet this is heavenly,--a blend of orange, pine, vanilla, apple and juniper-- but this is another gift I must give away.  Think I am going to give this one to my son's girlfriend.  She will enjoy it. 

Have a great day.



11 comments:

  1. Yes, drinking lots of water helps keep everything flushed out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drinking lots of it lately. Hoping for a better result on the 28th.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a tasty Christmas is on the menu... yummmmm!
    Such wonderful treasures you have shared today.
    Keep drinking that water!!!!
    Have a great day 🎄🎅🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe that there is only 4 days left on the Advent calendar. Went very quickly.

      Delete
  3. Particularly if the tests included a fasting blood test dehydration could indeed be the culprit.
    Hope the cold (and your kidneys) improve rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that I was dehydrated on that day. Will find out on the 28th.

      Delete
  4. Your Christmas food sounds good …
    Water is so good to drink …

    Enjoy your week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each year I use different ethnic foods. Last year it was Mexican. Italian is easy for me.

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a good menu for everyone. I have a few vegetarians in my family and it isn’t always easy to please both the veggies and the meat eaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat meat a few days a week and the rest I eat salads and veggies or soups.

      Delete
  6. Keep drinking lots of water! I drink lots, but I didn't realize, I wasn't drinking enough! I feel so much better! Your food menu for Christmas sounds so good! Love that box! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete