Sunday, December 2, 2018

Sunday Selections

My first box from World Food Spice Box.  There are a number of different boxes you can choose from including:  Indian Restaurant Favorites, Meat Free Magic, Date Night, and World Kitchen Explorer.  I chose Friday Night Curry Discoverer as I already have a number of the others coming in.  With this box you can create authentic curries from the comfort of your own kitchen, sampling curries from the Caribbean, South-East Asia, all corners of the Indian subcontinent and wherever else curry is a specialized dish.  The box contains all the fresh spices and recipe cards you need to create delicious curries plus sensational side dishes.
This month's box contains all the spices and recipes to make Thai Stir-fried Red Curry with Sweetcorn Fritters along with all of the above.

The great thing about it is the box only costs $14.50 a month and includes enough spices to use in other recipes.  Not only is it cheaper than going out for dinner, but also gives you the satisfaction of creating a wonderful meal.  Yes, you do have to buy a few ingredients which brings the cost of the meal up, but hey, at least you know what is going in your meal.

14 comments:

  1. I think it is a wonderful idea Mary... especially for you. You can't get around to stores that easily, even though I think you do a great job with public transportation. You can plan meals better and you already have the spices ❄🎄❄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cooking and this is just perfect for me.

      Delete
  2. That's a good point - you know what you're eating! Sounds like a great venture. I'm intrigued by the kaffir lime leaves. Will google kaffir lime as I've never heard of it.

    Enjoy your creative time in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've saved some of the recipes and spices that involve seafood and will be putting them in the gift bags for my family. I don't like seafood.

      Delete
  3. I think home cooking is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and I love to cook...even though I have a couple of restaurants I really enjoy eating at.

      Delete
  4. YUM Curry!!! I haven't had a good curry dish since I lived in Florida. I worked next an Indian restaurant. My favorite dish was their vegetable curry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love curry myself. Going to make a veggie curry dish for myself this week.

      Delete
  5. I do love a curry. And the smell of spices, roasting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good, and curries are delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete