Monday, December 31, 2018

Monday This and That

Good New Year's Eve morning.  Tomorrow begins a new year. It's going to be a warm Eve, but  a wet one.  Never had any desire to stand out there and watch the ball drop.  And gave up resolutions a long time ago.  Lots of plans here, but no resolutions which I see as goals.  When one doesn't reach a goal, we tend to feel as if we have failed.  On the other hand, plans are made to be changed.  The important thing is that we move with the flow.  That's just the way I look at it.

On Saturday we finally had our Christmas....two Christmases in one--last year and this year combined.  If we lived closer to each other we could see each other more often.  We had such an awesome time, and I got some really nice gifts.

 My son's girlfriend got me this little Kindness doll from Willow Tree.
This is from my granddaughter and her husband.  It is so soft and warm and snuggly. My other granddaughter gave me a little charm bracelet that didn't come out too well in a picture no matter how hard I tried.  It's filled with little Christmas charms.

My daughter gave me this Bonsai tree kit.

I'm going to do my best, but I have never been very good growing from seeds.
This necklace is so gorgeous.  A gift from my daughter.

My grandson gave me a $25 gift card which I immediately spent purchasing a book I'd wanted on Amazon.  "2019:  Your Most Magical Year Yet" by Tess Whitehurst.  A planner which includes:  (from Amazon site)
  • moon signs 
  • astrological information such as Mercury retrograde periods
  • goal writing inspiration
  • magical holidays
  • spells and rituals
  • random act of kindness challenges
  • journaling prompts
  • coloring pages
  • flowers and gemstones aligned with each month
  • plus plenty of room for your daily tasks and goals
My son's girlfriend was there, and I made this meatless Italian pasta salad.
Tri-colored spirals, corn, brocolli tips, olives, tri-colored tomatoes, red pepper, green pepper, parsley, red onion, and low fat Italian salad dressing.  It turned out so good.

All my great grandchildren.

So tonight I am just going to hang out here with hubby.  We'll probably both take naps.  Hopefully one of us wakes up in time to wake the other up and welcome in the new year.  We've never missed one, well almost did a few years back, but I woke up in time for us to have a groggy toast.  Tomorrow I'm going to make a pernil and arroz gondules.  And have another day of rest.   And that's about it.  Time to slow down now. 

Wishing you all a safe and Happy New Year.  See you in 2019.

20 comments:

  1. What a fabulous Christmas!!! Surrounded by family!

    I don’t do goals and resolutions. BUT I do reflect on the year past and the year ahead... and this year I am just renewing my vow to focus on being healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I've gotten off track and soon it will effect my health. Time to get back on track.

      Delete
  2. What a happy post.
    Beautiful photo of the grandchildren.
    Lovely gifts.
    More delicious food and happy thoughts.
    I don't make resolutions either...to much stress :)

    Happy 2019 Mary🎉🎊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to feel bad when I failed, and that was usually within the first week of the year. Now I just make plans for my year.

      Delete
  3. Look at those happy little faces.......a belated Merry Christmas and all the best that 2019 can bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the same to you. Have a very Happy New Year. All the best for the coming year.

      Delete
  4. Look at all those cute and wonderful GGs! You received some lovely gifts -- that owl especially caught my eye. I don't know if My Rare One and I will make it to midnight tonight, but we're going to try! We're just celebrating by ourselves this year -- going out for a Chinese food buffet and then a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend New Year's. I'm hoping to get a nap so I can make it.

      Delete
  5. Love your gifts, that snuggly looks nice and warm. I heard about Tess's planner, it sounds interesting. I'm going to attempt to make my own again, bullet journal style. I'm not too good at keeping it going so we'll see.
    I've never gone to see the ball drop either. The thought of standing like sardines in a crowd and then trying to catch the train just wasn't my idea of fun.
    I stopped doing resolutions years ago. If I didn't achieve them, I felt like I failed. So I do the word of the year instead.
    Wishing you and yours a very Happy Healthy Prosperous New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wondered what happens if you have to go to the bathroom. You stand out there all day and night and then lose your place? Or diapers? Not my idea of a good time.

      Delete
  6. Maybe I should I try google journaling pormpts.
    No one makes 100% of there goals but even 1% or more your on your way.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always start the journals, and then give up. Going to try to do better this year.

      Delete
  7. Love your gifts.
    The New Year has landed here. I hope yours is healthy, hopeful and happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year. Wow, you are already in 2019, a year ahead of me.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a very special day! Great photos!!

    I love Willow Tree and I have have that one as well! Love it!

    Happy New Year to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was so special. Two years in the making. Happy New Year to you and yours.

      Delete
  9. You got some lovely gifts. Your great grandchildren are adorable. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you and yours. Wishing you all the best.

      Delete
  10. What a lovely post. I enjoyed your photographs … especially the one of the great grandchildren:)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful post Mary! You sure got some beautiful gifts!! I love the picture of your great grandchildren! Here's to an amazing, healthy, happy, 2019!!! Happy New Year! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete