Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning all.  The heat and humidity has returned to Brooklyn.  Thank goodness for a cool center to seek shelter in.  I do have AC at home, but spending the day in the center not only provides me with socialization, but also saves me money on my electric bill.  And lunch?  Oh my.  Take a look at yesterday's lunch.


Beef goulash, egg noodles, mixed vegetables, bread and butter, and grapes.  Brought half of it home for dinner. 

Had an invasion of flying ants the other night, and of all places, in my bedroom.  There were so many of them, and our ceiling is so high it is hard to reach them.  Hubby was batting them with a towel as they flew down.  Awful.  I had a hard time sleeping.  Then, just as quick as the arrived, they disappeared.  You will never guess where hubby found them the next day....in one of his hats.  He just tossed the whole thing out the back window.

Meanwhile, I did buy a spray just in case.  We've never really had a bug problem.  6 years and no roaches because I allow the exterminator in every month.  Some tenants won't open the door for him even though it is a free service.  Once in awhile I have seen ants on the ground and sprinkled peppermint essential oil around.  That sends them running.  But, flying ants?  And 12 foot ceilings?  How do you deal with that?  I realized last night that I have NOTHING to use against bugs.   

Other than that, not much going on.  My carpal tunnel and sinuses are feeling a lot better now.  Just have to stop playing the game on my phone so much.  Magicton Mansion. I've passed 1,300 levels and less than two months.  Is it any wonder why my carpal tunnel acted up?  Backing off now.  Maybe a game or two a day, but no more than that.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay cool and hydrated if you're in this heat.

24 comments:

  1. We get ants in the spring and they gross me out. I tried all the natural ways but the only way to get rid of them is an exterminator. I hate the thought of those chemicals, but I hate the thought of ants in my pantry more.

    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peppermint oil has worked for me for the ground ants. They run the other way and don't come back.

      Delete
  2. Your food looks good! I don't like bugs in the house either and we are lucky to only have ants once in a while. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even sleep well knowing they are in the room. You'd never think I was born a country girl.

      Delete
  3. Ants are one of the hardest insects to get rid of when all they do is crawl...I can't even imagine trying to get rid of flying ants!
    What is happening to our environment? Swarms of flying insects trying to take over the world and we were humans can't stop them.

    Stay cool and have a wonderful day 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found 3 last night and sprayed them. They are so annoying. I feel like my home is invaded....it is.

      Delete
  4. Aha! So the game was the culprit! Good idea to ease off it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't been playing as often and feeling better.

      Delete
  5. Yes, the heat and humidity had been just awful here as well! Thank God for AC for sure!!

    Stay cool and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today it is brutal out there. Definitely need the AC.

      Delete
  6. Yuck on the ants! Fl here so stupid roaches are everywhere! Thankfully the cat thinks they are toys when they get in. Hah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh, roaches are awful. I don't understand why people don't let the exterminator in. Some places you have to pay $50 to $60 for one and they get it for free.

      Delete
  7. Glad you are feeling better. Sadly peppermint oil doesn't discourage our ants. Fortunately there are none we can see in the house at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I was lucky with mine. Can you imagine them flying around? Yikes.

      Delete
  8. So pleased you are feeling better.
    Yuck, I don't like flying ants either!

    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you had them? And how did you get rid of them?

      Delete
    2. Fortunately I've only experienced flying ants when I've been outside, but to see them swarming about is quite alarming!

      Friends who have had them in their house tried peppermint oil, but I'm not too sure if it was successful because I have also seen them using a can of fly killer too.

      I do hope yours will go away soon.

      All the best Jan

      Delete
  9. Yes, so glad you're feeling better!😊😊
    We get flying ants too but, fortunately, they have never come into the house (yet!). Gosh, imagine that...all hiding in your hubby's hat! Just as well he noticed them before putting it on!!
    Yum, that dinner looks SO delicious!😋

    Lots of love and hugs ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As quick as they came, they went. But I still check out every inch of the bedroom before I can be comfortable.

      Delete
  10. I just shudder thinking about bugs!!! Yuck!!!!

    They say that the heat will break again soon (at least here down by Dc)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I cannot stand sharing my apartment with anything that doesn't have two legs.

      Delete
  11. When we lived in apartments we always let the exterminator in. Hope all those ants are gone for good now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never missed a month of extermination since I moved in. Funny thing was he came two days before the ant invasion, but he sprayed for roaches.

      Delete
  12. No more games for you! LOL! Flying ants? Yucky!!!! The food you get at the centre looks so good! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete