Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends

This was my ex-boss and the lady from the bank we worked with.  This was my 'farewell party'.  I was working for an expediting agency.  What we did was get car registrations, visas, passports, etc.  for the rich who didn't want to deal with bureaucracy themselves so they hired us to do it for them.  We also process car registrations and insurance for many of the dealerships in New Jersey.  After 9 years there, I decided to change careers and went into substance abuse treatment.
 
The ring I made in class.  I am so mad at myself.  I lost it.  

This is my mom and her sister.  It's a shame that mom alienated her and her other siblings in her later years.  I remember that lamp.  We had a second one sitting in the window behind the tree.  During a severe thunder storm lightning struck it.  Mom and I ran out and rode around in the car until the storm was over.  From that day on I was in awe of the power of a storm.

This is one of the Roman soldier statues on the building around the corner.  There are several of them.  When the building was torn down for construction, this wall was left up and the new building was built around it.
I just live the sun shining through the leaves.

Me and my mom.

My two beautiful granddaughters.

This is me on the left and my two cousins.

Grandma, me, and granddad.


16 comments:

  1. That is so amazingly cool that when they tore down the building that they saved the sculpture and built a new building around it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad they did. When they started demolition I was so worried.

      Delete
  2. I love photos where the photographer's shadow is included!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful that they saved part of an old building for the future to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that old building. It's a spa now. Pretty appropriate.

      Delete
  4. What wonderful old pictures and memories. I woke up feeling nostalgic this morning and blogged about a playhouse from the past. Funny what hits us! xo Diaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think as I get older I get more and more nostalgic.

      Delete
  5. I so enjoy your photos of family...it is like time traveling.
    Love that they used a part of an old building in a new one...that Roman Soldier statue is wonderful.
    i love your gorgeous ring that you made! I am so sorry that you lost it. Maybe you will find it again someday~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I tossed it by mistake. I am pretty sure it was on the old table cloth that I rolled up and threw away.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing your old photographs, they are amazing.

    I do like the ring you made, so sorry that you lost it … perhaps it will turn up?

    Enjoy the remainder of Thursday (the week is going too fast!)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so careless with it. I'd put it out to wear and then think I tossed it with my old tablecloth.

      Delete
  7. I am so impressed that the statues were saved.
    I hope your ring turns up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have to show you the rest of the statues. Awesome building and quite surprising. This was an old Norwegian neighborhood so one would think they would have Viking statues.

      Delete
  8. Haven't made much in jewelry line. For everything I want to experience I need to lease make it to 100.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. I've so much I want to do, but not the time to do it in.

      Delete