Monday, July 22, 2019

Monday Morning This and That

Good morning everyone.  What a heat wave we have been having.  Saturday the heat index went up to 114, and guess who was out running around in it.  Errands had to be run.  Went to two banks in two different directions, Walgreens, put money on my fare card, tried to get my new phone on but it was too hot to wait around for them to open, and did a big food shopping.  I was running in all different directions.  Six buses in all, but the buses were so cool.  I didn't mind it in the least.

 A friend gifted me with this book.  So much fun.  


 Made this on Friday.


 Made this one on Friday, too.

After running about on Saturday, Sunday was a day of rest.  And, the heat index was 116, worse than Saturday.  Started working on earrings I plan on giving as Christmas gifts this year while marathon watching 'The Golden Girls' on TV Land.   There are Christmas movies on Hallmark, but they keep showing the same ones over and over again.  Boring.

Today I am off to the center for Wellness class and lunch.  After a day in, I am raring to go.

Have a good one.

10 comments:

  1. You jewelry is lovely.

    That heat was unbearable. I spent less than 1/2 an hour outside in the early AM picking tomatoes and herbs in my garden and doing a little watering but I was sweating and it became a choice of survival for either me or the plants. Bad storms last night and more today, but, thankfully, it is cooler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our bad storms are coming tonight. thankful for some relief.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is. Never knew there was a Unicorn Society.

      Delete
  3. We had that tropical weather a few days ago along with severe weather...not fun 🌴
    Love your jewelry that you create so beautifully.
    Take care in that heat...it can be dangerous .💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that the heat is about to break tonight. I will enjoy these storms.

      Delete
  4. Stay cool, stay safe.
    Heat is dangerous.
    Love your jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your jewellery.

    I do not like heat - stay as cool as you can.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please stay safe in this heat!!!
    Love your jewellery you made! You are so talented!
    That book looks like a lot of fun!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete