Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Happy Tuesday one and all.  Had a nice day yesterday despite the miserableness of some people.  We have a little lady who comes to the center.  Ruth.  She is 87 years old with Parkinson's.  her poor little hands and arms shake.  I admire this woman so much.  She gets all around with her walker.  You never know where you will find her.  She once told me on the bus that she could get transportation to the center, but has always been independent and will not give that up.  She said, "When I'm standing her waiting for the bus and the center's van passes, I just wave to it." 

Lately, though, I have been worried about her.  Twice her legs have given out as she was coming down the stairs.  Thank God she has not gotten hurt, but poor little thing sits and cries. And Ruth has a few idiosyncrasies which she is allowed at her age.  She needs to sit next to Dorothy, a regular at the center who helps Ruth with everything, and she likes having a chair for her bag and refusing to move it so someone can sit.  She even did it to me, and we ride the bus together, but I let it go and found another seat.    She also keeps about 3 cups of water in front of her and usually spills one of them.  This and the bag on the seat has irritated a couple of other members. One woman threatened to throw water in her face, and another called her a 'bitch'.  I just don't understand.  Ruth is so tiny and helpless.  How can people be so cruel? 

(Sigh) On another note.  


I started working on this necklace Friday.  It's Malachite semi precious stone beads.  However, I discovered there was not enough.  The necklace is too short so I ordered more and am waiting for them to come in so I can finish it.


Healthy dinner last night.  Had this with the half of a barbecued chicken breast I brought home for lunch.  Included boiled egg and tuna fish.  That's the only seafood I eat. 

Staying in today.  About time.  I've got a bit of cooking to do this morning, but then want to hit up a new book I bought.  Will tell you about it later.

Have a good one.


19 comments:

  1. I never could understand cruelty and why some people choose to be selfish and mean and have little empathy for others. What miserable lives they must live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Ruth has to be about under 5 ft. She is so tiny and frail. breaks my heart.

      Delete
  2. I agree. At 87, we're entitled to a couple of harmless eccentricities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed we are. So sad to see someone treated so poorly.

      Delete
  3. I feel terrible about people getting angry with that poor woman. Maybe they should think ahead to becoming elderly and not able to do all of things that they could before.
    That is another treasure that you are creating...love it!
    That salad sure looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are up in years, but don't have Parkinson's so they get along very well. They lost their empathy somewhere along the way.

      Delete
  4. Cruelty does my head and heart in. Parkinson's is another cruel disease. I am not surprised she often spills one of her glasses of water (which might be part of the reason she keeps several).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the reason for the spilling. Her hand shakes so much. Breaks my heart.

      Delete
  5. I love the necklace...pretty.
    Your dinner looks so delicious...yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our world has some rude and hateful people!!!!! I just don’t understand people sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't understand it either. She is so small and frail. It breaks my heart.

      Delete
  7. It is sad that those people were intentionally mean and hurtful to an 87 year old lady. Maybe they have anger in that they see their own aging and what may lie ahead. My mom is 78 and she is sweet as sugar, but she tells me about mean things that others say! Pointless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they resent the fact that others, including staff, take care of her when she comes. They get her water, her food, help her get around. I heard one of the mean ones mutter, "She thinks she is a queen."

      Delete
  8. Unfortunately our world does have some rude and almost uncaring people in it, and it's distressing to see.

    But full marks to this lady for getting out and about.

    Love the look of your healthy dinner from last night.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It breaks my heart. She is really such a sweetheart.

      Delete
  9. Wait until those folks get old and delicate themselves....then we'll see how they like it and how they would like to be treated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome article..
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for your friend! Give her a hug from me! I love your necklace and your salad looks so good! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete