Monday, July 29, 2019

Monday This and That

Have been so busy lately.  I missed posting on Friday.  Sinuses have been acting up, and for a few days I was just feeling out of it with a sinus headache.  Also been having some carpal tunnel issues.  Just feeling pretty blah.  So I'll catch you all up from Thursday.

Skipped computer classes and went to my regular WW workshop.  Haven't seen my friends in quite awhile, and it was great seeing everyone.  Afterwards we all went out to brunch.  I had my usual--spinach and broccoli omelet with home fries smothered in ketchup.   Afterwards I went to get my new or almost new phone turned on, but discovered it only has 16 mgbites and my phone has 32 mgbites.  The new phone would not hold all my stuff.  So now I wait and continue taking pictures with one phone and using the other for all other business.

Friday I was feeling pretty miserable, but I headed over to the center anyway.  Took my mind off my aching sinuses.  Lately I've been participating in the arthritis exercises offered and did a whole hour of them. Had a terrific lunch-Shepherd's Pie and a huge pile of spinach.  Love both so I went to town. Stayed afterwards for jewelry class.  Made the following:




Saturday I had planned on making a second WW workshop, but I got up at 6:15 and went right back to bed.  Just too darn tired from running around all week.  Sometimes I tend to forget I'm 72 years old and can't run about as freely as I used to, but that doesn't keep me from doing things, though.  I'd go crazy sitting at home every day.  Watched a 'Good Witch' marathon.  One of my favorite series of films.

Sunday got up early, went to church, and then headed over to the bank.  Thank goodness TD has some Sunday hours.  Hard to believe it's bill time already....and just about to turn to August.  Before we know it, fall will be upon us...my favorite season of the year.   Afterwards continued with the 'Good Witch' marathon. 

Heading off to center today.  Wellness class, socialization, and lunch.  Happy times.  Have a good one.

16 comments:

  1. You are one busy lady even when you aren't feeling well.
    Your jewelry is so pretty Mary. You are very talented.
    Exercise is good for us. If I don't move for long periods of time, I tend to start stiffening up.
    Autumn is my favorite season, too.

    Have a beautiful day 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to stay busy. When I sit home I think about how bad I feel, and I end up feeling worse.

      Delete
  2. I hope your sinuses clear up this week. That must be miserable!! Love the necklace and I am glad you push yourself to do things even when you don't feel 100%. I do the same thing and know it keeps me motivated and going. I don't want to just 'sit around' and not do things. I am almost your age so I get it!

    Have a wonderful week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked for 50 years so retirement hit me hard until I found things to keep me busy. Now I enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. I like that Good Witch series also...especially the first few seasons when she just arrived at Grey House and was making it her home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had all of them on this weekend, from the first episode to the last. I really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  4. I do hope you feel better soon!! Sinus pain is the pits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting to feel better. At least none of those painful night time episodes in a few days. Knock on wood.

      Delete
  5. Echoing everyone else. I am awed at how much you got done even while not feeling well, and hope the sinus issues (and the carpal tunnel pain) go away quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to feel better (knock on wood). It's always something with old age. Who knew>

      Delete
  6. You certainly keep yourself busy, Mary, and that is wonderful. The necklaces are lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am busier now than when I was working.

      Delete
  7. You do keep busy …
    Love the necklaces.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make sure to breathe and take care of yourself! Love the necklaces! So pretty! Good for you doing the exercises! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete