Thursday, July 11, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends



Took this picture of the Mary statue in front of my church last year.  So pretty.

My Desert Rose.  It is a natural crystal formation that is formed from the combination of water, wind and sand. Each one is unique.

My dad and his Tiny.  They sure loved each other.

Remember these wide crinoline dresses?  One of my annual Easter pictures.  

My Aunt Edith and her husband.  Never got to meet her.  

Great for night time cramps.  I am thankful that I don't get them anymore.

What a special picture of my great grandmother and her step father.  Must have been at the turn of the century.

Oh my.  I looked terrible with long hair.  Made me look old.

 Big difference.

One of my little mermaids.

The park is so beautiful.

Haven't gotten there this year.  Allergies have been so bad I have been avoiding it.

7 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful post!
    Love the Desert Rose and the little mermaid and shells!
    Your photos are always lovely to see.

    Have a great day ☕

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true -- short hair always looks so much better on older women. Easier to look after too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock that short cut.
    Another delightful collection of memories. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your short hair is very attractive.

    How wonderful that you have a picture of your great grandmother. She looks like a very confident lady,

    My sister and I would take turns (fight over) wearing the one crinoline slip all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More fun photos. I definitely vote for the shorter hair...it totally suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photographs you've shared.
    You definitely suit short hair :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your priceless photos Mary! Thank you! Short hair or long hair, you are still beautiful! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete