Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Tuesday Ramble

Happy September.  Went by myself on the bus to do some banking.  Felt really good to get out, almost normal aside from masks, but I must admit I was feeling a bit nervous.   I was careful though, very, very careful.  I hadn't mentioned before but I'd been suffering from anxiety attacks while sitting in.  Not being active has left me too much time to focus on me....not in a good way.  I have been finding myself focusing on my breathing and work myself up to the point where I feel shortness of breath and heart palpitations.  When I'm busy and doing things I am okay.  It's when I sit (and I have been sitting far too much) or go to bed at night.  I know it's not physical....it's from having too much time on my hands.

I'm also finally getting my hair cut this morning.  Let it grow some so I could get some length and have a shaggy cut.  I colored to lightest ash on Sunday so it's a new do and a new color.  Just washed and not styled. I need a cut badly as you can see. Tomorrow I will show it to you.


Was planning on attending the 2 pm class and showing off my new cut, but was disappointed to find out the class was no more.Found out yesterday that another worker from the center will not be back. She has purchased a home in New Jersey and will be moving out there. Already has a job in a group home. Wishing you all the luck in the world on your new endeavor, Dominique. I wish I had known so I could have said good bye.

I was lying in bed thinking that the new norm will also include lots of changes in the center. Some people for whatever reason or other will just not return. One friend has broken her hip and retreated from the world, two others have broken their hips, one friend has moved to Staten Island (says he will still come but that's a big expense), one employee has moved, and one instructor has passed. And that's from what I know. There could be more.

Going to start later this afternoon with my autumn decorating. Been looking forward to this. Time also to start digging out a few fall clothes. I do this every season. A little a time. Rinse by hand and hang on the window guards. Meanwhile I pack summer things I know I won't wear again this year. So, by the time the cool weather arrives I'm prepared and not scurrying about for something to wear.

15 comments:

  1. Anxiety is my middle name, although I have suffered much less since I retired. However, Covid brought it back. I had a hard time for the first few months and was doing a lot of meditation as that helps me cope. As the weeks have turned into months, I have gotten used to a routine and more accepting about what is.

    The color of your hair compliments you. I hope your haircut and day goes well.

    I am sorry that your life at the center will change, as nobody likes change. However, you may meet new people with new stories and new adventures. I hope that is the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have these attacks when I was in my 20's. I tell myself I can't breathe and then I can't.

      Delete
  2. So many changes this covid-19 has caused in people's lives.
    I have had my moments with anxiety attacks, too. Not one day has gone by that I have felt like me.
    I don't like a lot of change and this is all that seems to keep happening.
    Love your hair color! Very flattering. Did you paint the painting behind you? It is lovely.
    I know that the center is very dear to you and that you have many friends there. It would be nice if you could visit with your friends again.

    Take care and get busy with the autumn touch and the witchy magick...that will lift your spirits up 👻🎃🍁🍂🌙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter painted that for me. I haven't been painting lately.

      Delete
  3. Love that hair colour.
    I think that many of us are battling anxiety at the moment, and am very glad that you were able to get out and relieve at least some of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how I never have a problem with my breathing when I am out and about.

      Delete
  4. Look at you beautiful Mary!!!!
    Love that color on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've always had it light, but tried a bit darker for awhile. Then when I wanted to go gray my stylist told me I should try some ash colors first to get rid of the golden tones. This was lightest ask blonde in Loriel.

      Delete
  5. I know the feeling of being nervous about going out in about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could think about putting away summer things. However it's still very hot here - close to 100 degs today. Ugh. You look good! Staying busy is a very good thing - keeps the anxiety away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. 100 degrees. We're still fairly hot and humid, but soon it should change.

      Delete
  7. I do like your hair colour.

    Have fun with your autumn decorating.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete