Monday, September 28, 2020

Monday Morning This and That

Good morning.  Here we are starting a new week after the first full weekend of fall.  Kind of warm here with gray skies and lots of humidity.  Didn't go to our favorite place yesterday.  Thee was a threat of drizzle all day, and besides, I think hubby really needed a day of rest.  

So I went and did my shopping yesterday morning.  While waiting for the bus I was sitting on a wall and reading my phone messages.  All of a sudden I heard, "Mary, is that you?"  Oh my, it was a friend from the center.  I was so so happy.  This friend doesn't participate in online classes so I haven't seen her since March.  Funny thing is I was just thinking about her the other day.  We'd first met in WW, then found out we attended the same senior center as well.  Usually I am anxiously waiting for the bus to arrive, but yesterday I was glad that it took its time.  We had a good chance to catch up on things. 

Colored this one in my new coloring book.  Loving it.

Had another crazy dream this weekend.  Dreamed we moved into a new place.  Been dreaming about new places a lot lately.  Wonder if that means something.  I'm not looking anymore so I doubt it.  Well, this place was on the first floor of a building that had lots, and I mean lots of apartments.  The lobby was set up like a train station and all the seats were full.  I had access to a nice back yard.  It was autumn, and I remember talking about looking forward to spring so I could plant.  Out the side window was a tree and lots of cats were sleeping under it.  

Well, I went out to hang in the lobby and met some girl who said she cut hair.  I needed a cut so I asked if she would do it for me.  In my dream my hair was thick and raven black.  It was gorgeous.  Well she starts chopping.  And then I notice that she is teasing my hair before she aimlessly slices.  Finally I stop her.  My hair is now a mess.  I tell her off and go outdoors in tears.  Everyone asks what happened to my hair.  I call my regular girl and she says to come it and she will fix it. But now I look in the mirror and my hair looks gorgeous.  The cut is falling into place perfectly.  I am still mad and head over to the salon.  I end up with a thin shaggy cut like I have now. Then I wake up.

10 comments:

  1. Love the page you colored! Great choice of colors and I adore Witchy boots,too!
    Your dreams could be some kind of prophesies.
    You may have had many thoughts in the back of your mind and they spilled over into your dreams.
    How nice that you ran into an old friend from the center.
    Have a lovely day 🌙🍂🎃🍁👻☕🐈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe one of the houses I applied to years ago will finally come through.

      Delete
  2. How lovely to have met up with an old friend.
    I mostly dream in conversations rather than images. I have had two weird ones lately. One which woke me frightened it was real, and one that I regretted wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. Dreaming in conversations. I don't think that has ever happened to me.

      Delete
    2. I very, very rarely have images in my dreams.

      Delete
  3. What a blessing to run into your friend from the center while waiting for the bus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Halloween colouring page! And how nice to meet up with a friend from the Centre!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so nice to see your old friend from the centre.
    I do like the page you've coloured, a nice mix of colours.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete