Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Happy Birthday in Heaven

 

 



September 30th. Today you would have been 38. Life was finally falling into place for you. Your dream job, a few short months to a new car. You don't know how much I miss you. I cry for you every day. The holidays are around the corner, but they will never be the same. Nothing is the same without you. I'll miss all those crazy jokes you played on me and got such a kick out of my reactions. Like the time you pretended to be a male stripper. Oh, what a laugh you got out of that!!! Then there was our last Thanksgiving, when the microwave went, and you and I had to eat out of the aluminum baking pans. That night I said, "This is a Thanksgiving I will never forget." not knowing that IT REALLY WOULD BE a Thanksgiving I would never forget. I would be our last. 
 
I am so glad I made you those mint brownies you loved so much. I really didn't want to, you know, but you wanted them so badly that I gave in. I said I would never make them again, but I just might. As time passes I think more and more of making a batch of them and giving them out to the homeless in memory of you.
 
I love you, Ant. I always will.
 
Anthony Todisco, forever 37.

12 comments: