Thursday, September 3, 2020

It's Thursday Already

These weeks are going fast....especially this week since I have been busy.  Still not running around like I once did, but I am trying to get out once in awhile.  Today it's off with hubby to hit the bank and get the rent money. 

Yesterday morning the doorbell rang, and it was a food delivery from the city.  Not my regular food delivery, this one was different.  It came in a big cake box and included two yogurts, 3 small low fat milks, two Quaker oatmeal cups, 3 different fruit juices (grape, apple, orange), 2 chicken salads, 4 slices of whole wheat bread, 3 lunch salads, and 3 dinners  (meatballs with rice and broccoli, slice of barbecued pork loin with corn and broccoli, and salisbury steak with new potatoes and string beans.  I ate one of the salads for lunch yesterday, and the chicken was amazing.  I had the pork for dinner and that too was yummy.  This happens just when I was going to cancel my deliveries.  Now I will just play it by ear.  I have until next Tuesday so we'll see if another of package of goodies arrives before then.  If not, will definitely cancel.  

Been working very hard in the apartment, setting it up for fall.   These decorations will stay up until right after Thanksgiving when the Christmas decor goes up. I didn't buy anything new this year so some of these items are several years old. Here is a few pics.




Had to find a way to integrate my new unicorns.  I just couldn't bear backing them away until spring.  



13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was so good. Some people were lucky enough to get restaurant food during this pandemic. I think that's where this came from.

      Delete
  2. Maybe they got some new cooks working in the food service!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I don't know where this came from. The Dept of Aging sends out your name and different agencies pick it up. This morning I got my usual food delivery. Same old stuff. Took most of it next door.

      Delete
  3. What a nice surprise For you Mary.
    Loving the decorations!!!
    I always mix and match my decorations...after all it's my home and I am so not a minimalist :)
    Enjoy these lovely treasures that make you happy!

    🎃👻🌌🌙🍂🍁☕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a delicious surprise. Now I am just going to see if I receive more food by Tuesday. If not I am canceling.

      Delete
  4. That food delivery sounded good. It is a shame (reading the comments) that today you are back to same old, same old.
    I am always impressed at your decorations. Ours stay up the year round (and are not seasonal).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to decorate for the seasons and holidays. This year I didn't do for Easter. My heart wasn't into it.

      Delete
  5. I like your decorations and the flowers ... perfect for Fall (Autumn).

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is food delivery from the center you talk about, before covid? I know our senior center handle meals on wheels and they take meals home bound seniors. But some people get box delivered of food. I think once a month or so. Never seen what is in box for food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first week the food was delicious and from our center, but then the Dept. of Aging said they had to stick with Meals on Wheels only, so our food deliveries were out. Instead the city is handling it and they assign your name to different agencies. I wish I got it from my center.

      Delete
    2. The yucky frozen dinners are a regular twice a week. Sometimes though I get boxes of stuff. Like that much better.

      Delete