Monday, September 7, 2020

Monday Morning This and That


We had a great class on Friday.  We discussed the pandemic and how it has effected us in both negative and positive ways, and the fact is, despite all the negatives, there are positives to be found.  Take hubby and I, for example.  Up until Covid and shelter in place we both went our separate ways.  I had all my day time activities, and he drove a cab at night.  At the most we had only a couple hours each day together and a movie and dinner date twice a month.  That was it.  That was all the time we spent together.

Then came Covid, and we sheltered in place.  I really had thought he would give me a harder time about giving up his job, but this scared him as well.  I was pretty stocked up with food when it happened since I had just done a big shopping the Friday before, and I got my food from the center.    Then Rite Aid opened for customers, only 5 allowed in at a time, and that became our big day out.  We'd first go for a ride, and then stop at Rite Aid for things like milk and bread.  As the months went on we found ourselves doing everything together--banking, food shopping, trips to Verrazano for fun in the sun.  Even now that things are getting back to normal with hubby working vouchers only and my getting out on my own, we still do our weekly shopping together and head to our favorite bench.  This was the positive side of Covid.  It brought us together.

Got my new Stash Autumn teas from Amazon the other day. Sipping on Pumpkin Spice right now. Other flavors include Maple Apple Cider, Cinnamon Apple Chamomile, Cranberry Pomegranate, Cinnamon Vanilla, and Spice Dragon Red Chai. Yummy stuff.

There is no end to my surprise when it comes to some of the people I have friended. Never knew how bigoted and racist some of then are until the orange idiot in the White House opened the door and gave them permission to outwardly show it.   The other day I read a post on FB that turned my stomach. It was written by someone I considered a good friend despite being a Trump supporter.  It seems that Jacob Blake's father was taped reading from the Qu'ran.  Her comment?  "The Qu'ran doesn't belong in the United States."  Well, I wonder what she would think of me if she knew I had not only a copy of Qu'ran but also the Hindu Rig Veda, the Buddhist Dhammapada, the Analects of Confucius, and the Jewish Tamaka along with my Christian Bible.  I had to study each when I was in Theological School studying to become an Interfaith minister.  There is good and bad in all religions.


Yesterday we went to our favorite spot.  

 Finally got a picture of this guy.  He's usually diving after fish.





Might be the last warm day we have there.  The leaves are already starting to dry out. The hospital where hubby's son is at is opening up for visitors so next Sunday he will be visiting him. Only immediate family is allowed so I won't be going.  That will free us up on the third Sunday of the month and that is already set with a visit to my son's new apartment.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, people are showing their true colours because of Trump and much of it it pretty ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been shocked by some of the people who are coming out as dt supporters. people i never would have expected. it's quite disheartening.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, especially people who you thought you knew.

      Delete
  3. I cannot talk about Trump anymore. He makes my stomach turn. I want normalcy to return to our once beautiful America. When you run a country with hate and scorn that's what you get back in return. I want Trump to leave the White House and return to his gold plated mansion and get his hands out of the pockets of our people for his own gain.
    Wonderful photos.
    Enjoy you tea's and keep happy thoughts 🍁☕🍂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same feelings here. I can't stomach that monster. I get knots in my tummy when I hear his evil voice.

      Delete
  4. I am glad that you were able to find some good in the pandemic. Sigh at the people who adopt an exclusionary mindset. They diminish their world. Sadly Trump's influence is worldwide. I do hope that he is not returned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray he isn't re-elected. I also fear that if he loses, he will not leave easily and will try to start a Civil War.

      Delete
  5. Those teas all sound good ... enjoy them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete