Monday, September 21, 2020

Monday Morning This and That

Good morning everyone.  Had a wonderful weekend.  Went to my son's new place for dinner yesterday. It's the first time we've seen each other since the holidays.  We hugged each other tightly and cried and mourned in the way we should have been able to had Covid not robbed us of this time we needed together.  It's been 5 1/2 months since my son's death I was finally able to hug and mourn.


Jerry has become a remarkable cook, and he and Tahnee were such gracious hosts. We spent some time reminiscing about Ant and despite tears, were able to laugh at some of his antics. Always a practical joker.

Enjoyed playing with my son's rescue, Ulani.  They got her from the ASPCA.  She is such a darling and so sweet and friendly.  

Time to head home.  Only damper last night was my tummy troubles, and I can't even count how many trips I made to the bathroom. The hour ride home was one of extreme anxiety, but the immodium helped, and I made it home just in time to run to the bathroom. As I look back on it, it's my own fault. Ate one of my triggers yesterday. As we grow older certain foods don't agree with us anymore especially those of us with IBS-D and one of those is egg sandwiches. When I worked I used to have bacon egg and cheese on a roll every morning, and it never bothered me except to put on quite a few excess pounds. But, in the past year ago they have become a real trigger for me. I can eat hard boiled eggs, but not fried. And yesterday I made myself an old childhood fave for lunch--eggs on toast. Whatever made me think it would be different just because I didn't eat it as a sandwich!!!!

Had to dig out a flannel gown.  Boy, did it ever get cold here....very quickly.  Was sitting around Saturday night in my gown and my fuzzy sock slippers.  Ran around in the morning shutting all the windows.  I will say, though, I do like it better than that extreme heat and humidity we'd been having.  It's not only far more comfy but also will save me money in the long run.  With not need for the AC or fan, the electric bill will go down.  They do say it will warm up at the end of the week, but only up until the 70's.  I can deal with that. 

Today I'm off to the supermarket.  Didn't get to go yesterday so I'm heading over today.  It's quieter on weekdays anyway.  At 2pm I plan to attend a class, 'Food for Thought' via Project Find, on zoom of course. 

14 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that you could be with your son and feel like a family once again!
    Their rescue fur baby is so sweet looking.
    Sorry that your tummy had the last say of a nice weekend.
    Hope you are feeling better today 🐈☕🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she is so adorable, but terribly fearful of people. That will take time.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had such a good time at your son's place (except for the egg salad). Sounds like it did you a lot of good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled to hear that you got some much needed and welcome time with your son.
    And sorry for your tummy woes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all times. Haven't had tummy woes for many months now and on the one day I go out.

      Delete
  4. Seeing your family had to be such a joyful experience, Mary. I am so glad that you got that opportunity.

    Yes, that cold came on really quickly. It was a welcome relief. The skies are blue and the sun is out. If only it could always stay like this. Summer was just terrible with the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good that you were able to have a good visit with your son. I always feel better after time spent with my children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased you had a wonderful weekend.
    Here's to a good week ahead.
    Take Care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy start to the week. And still some tummy issues. But getting better.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for masking up. Glad you had time visiting family. I am very careful on how I go out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn masks long before Covid. My hubby is not well and I protected myself against bringing something home to him.

      Delete