Monday, September 14, 2020

Monday Morning This and That

 Monday morning greetings.  Had a rather quiet weekend.  Saturday was gorgeous.  Temp was only 61 degrees so I definitely went for a walk.  Couldn't go far because my body is not used to it, but I did stand in front of the building for awhile after I got back.  Took some pictures as I stood there.  I love that they have so much greenery garnishing our building.



 







Had a very strange and rather funny dream on Saturday.  It's so weird I just had to share.  Here in the city the big news has been how the Dept. of Homeless Services has been re-locating homeless families from a hotel they have lived in for months to clear the way to move in homeless men.  It seems these men were housed in a hotel on the upper East Side in a ritzy neighborhood and residents there were unhappy to the point of threatening a law suit if they didn't get them out of their neighborhood....and as we know, the rich always get their way. Now the families are complaining and threatening their own law suit.  So I am guessing this is where my dream came from.

Well, in my dream I had a rather large apartment.  It was very long and covered an entire block.  I had 16 rooms and had women from shelters residing there.  There was so much junk around, and I was trying to straighten up but the women were complaining they were hungry.  But, before I could cook I had to clear off space in the kitchen.  I found all kinds of crap out there including a small vial of 'weed'.  I decided to make them some pancakes and then clean up, but I kept losing my batter.  And through all this more and more people were checking in at the front desk.  I remember three older women and men sitting in my kitchen.  I asked someone to set the table, but no one would do it, so I went to set the table for everyone.  When I came back, my batter was gone again.  Finally, I made a huge bowl of batter and was finally making the pancakes.  I made 6 of them, put them on a plate, and then lost that as well.  The dream ended with me slaving over the stove trying to get this breakfast ready.  Don't know if I ever did.

I decided I don't want any more of that food from the city.  Went through my freezer, and I had mustard glazed chicken, parmesan crusted chicken, jerk chicken, apricot glazed chicken, and rosemary chicken.  That's all they send aside from an occasional seafood that I give to hubby.  They may sound yummy, but they all taste the same and are made from the smallest chicken thighs to be found.  I am grateful for the food they gave me, but now it just seems like they are tossing anything together and giving it to us.  The veggies are all soggy and watery.  Just can't stomach that food.  

So I went out shopping yesterday, by myself on the bus,  and bought the ingredients to  make myself some soups.  Will be making a few types of soup this morning.   It feels so good to be independent.  And, I saved myself some money.  When you shop with a man whose eyes are bigger than his stomach you come home with a lot of unneccesary goodies. 

 


11 comments:

  1. Greenery makes a HEAP of difference doesn't it?
    I am glad that you could get out for a walk - and that you are asserting your independence again.
    I had a very, very nasty (but realistic dream on Sunday night. When I first woke up (around two) it was haunting me and I had to get up for a bit. I went back to bed around 4, and woke in the middle of a continuation of the same dream shortly after 5. I do hope it is not prophetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those dreams can be so realistic, can't they, but it may have been a response to something you saw or heard.

      Delete
    2. I hope not. It was an intensely personal bad dream. And still haunts me.

      Delete
  2. That was SOME dream!!!! lol I hate dreams that leave me hanging like that.
    You do have beautiful greenery around your building. That makes a huge difference, I think.
    Hope you have a happy week! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make a huge difference when you are surrounded by concrete. I love it out there.

      Delete
  3. The landscaping in front of your building is lovely.

    Maybe in tonight’s dream, you may find the pancakes.

    My Retired Man does the shopping and often comes home with two of everything on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I didn't find the pancakes. Last night I was out partying....in my dream.

      Delete
  4. Here in the Northwest we're pretty much home bound. We got smoke and ash from the fires here. I choose to not adventure out much majorty of people here choose not wear a mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have been watching that on the news. Please be safe my friend.

      Delete