Friday, September 25, 2020

Friday Roundup

 Well, here we are.  Another Friday.  Another week is done.  They are speeding by at breakneck speed lately.  One would think time would slow up with all the time spent indoors, all the boredom, but it's not that way at all.  This was a busier than usual week for me.

On Monday I went to do the food shopping.  I keep hoping I'll run into a peer from the center when I go, but so far it hasn't happened.  On Tuesday I did my banking in two different directions.  Felt almost normal aside from seeing everyone with a mask.  I also canceled the city food orders.  They give you nothing but slop, at least the place that I got.  Several places got the go ahead to give meals, and as I found out in Wednesday's center meeting, some are better than others. Different zip codes get from different places, and I just happened to be in the wrong zip code.  I've gotten to the point where I can't even look at that food anymore.  A dog wouldn't even eat it. That's how bad it is.

So now I am on my own for meals, at least until late October, early November when they begin grab and go meals at the center.  I'll get on the bus and go. Heck, it will give me the opportunity to see my peers.  Of course, all this is dependent on Covid.  If cases begin to spike due to kids back in school and dine in restaurants, I won't be riding the bus.  So if that happens, I will probably have to sign up for food delivery again.  Hopefully next time I get a better place.

Attended a new art class the center has this week.  On zoom, of course.  It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.  We are going to learn sketching and the use of watercolors, shading, etc.  The center will provide watercolors and brushes to those that can't afford it.  That's awesome.  I have my own so am not going to take advantage.  Another new class I tried this week was a meditation class at a different center's zoom.  I enjoyed it and will definitely go back next week.

Got my newest coloring book yesterday.  

And my handmade witch from Etsy arrived as well.  You can tell I love this time of year.


Have a wonderful weekend.  I know I may try to get to our favorite Sunday bench if the weather holds out. 

12 comments:

  1. That witch colouring book is perfect for October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new coloring book!
    Your new witch from Etsy is wonderfully Halloweenish 🎃👻🍁
    I do hope that your new meals will be better.
    Stay Safe ☕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely will once they begin. Eating at the center was like eating in a restaurant. The cooks there care about us and put love into their food. It's not just a paycheck.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that zoom is working for you.
    Have a heap of fun with your colouring book - and your art classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I would have done without zoom. I've met so many new people.

      Delete
  4. That witch is wonderful!

    Staying busy is so important fo us. You do such a good job in finding things to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I sit and think I start to get anxious and then I hyperventilate. I have to keep my mind active.

      Delete
  5. I just ordered some coloring books, I will be making embroidery prints with them, it will be part of my granddaughters quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love coloring. My witch book is so much fun. Would love to see the quilt when you are done with it.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like your new colouring book.
    Hope you did manage to get to your favourite bench on Sunday.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete