Friday, October 2, 2020

Friday Roundup

Oh man, what a week. It started out pretty good.  I finally got the court papers I needed to get into my son's accounts. It's been a long haul, but finally I may get some closure on that end.  Or maybe not.  I immediately sent over copies and Chime contacted me saying they need a clearer copy.  I am aware that that account is bare, and I think they are afraid that I may try to recoup the money from them.  They have already told me in the past that should I wish to proceed to get that money back, that I will need further paperwork.  I have assured them that I do not plan on taking action against them, that I am aware that they had no way of knowing it wasn't my son taking the money.  But still, I guess they are worried.  Makes me mad that they are making it so difficult.  They don't know if they push me hard enough I just may get an attorney and let him take care of them.

My childhood friend passed on Monday.  Earlier in the day her sister told me that Cheryl's organs were shutting down.   Then she contacted me to tell me she was gone.  She was such a beautiful woman, both inside and out.  I will be forever grateful that she had been a part of my life.

On Tuesday I got a phone call from my old job.  One of my old co-workers had a heart attack in the wee hours of the morning and passed away.   We used to have so much fun on the job.  He had a wonderful sense of humor and was such a gentleman.  He will be missed.

And Wednesday would have been my son's 38th birthday. We did a happy birthday in heaven party for him in a FB room.  Big mistake. Next time we will use zoom instead. FB rooms are quite a mess and there were friends and family who tried to get in but couldn't....despite the fact that 50 should have been allowed in the room. Next time zoom for sure.

 Well, I gave up on the art class the center was providing.  Just too incohesive.  It did stir my passions again, and I have decided to give it a shot on my own. I might give the class one more try.  Haven't really made up my mind yet.  Left in the middle of class this week. Perhaps I am just too over-anxious to get started on the final product and maybe should sit back, listen and learn.  This week we were focusing on shading with circles and light sources.  Not quite my cup of tea...but, I admit, very important to know.

I have a reprieve from all the noise next door.  Been quiet there all week.  Found another 'stop work' order hung on the fence.  Don't know how long the silence will last, but definitely going to enjoy it while I can. 

Have a wonderful weekend.


10 comments:

  1. A very mixed week indeed, with a lot of sadness. Hooray for the stop work order. Which I hope continues.
    I struggle with Zoom (and don't play FB). I do admire your resilience and look forward to seeing the directions your art takes you in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice if all of us friends here on Blogger could have a zoom meeting. I would love to see all of you.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry that you had to experience such a dark, sad week, Mary. My condolences on your losses. I wish I could give you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you on such a rough week!!!!

    Give the class another try. They are trying to work out the kinks and make it work also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like stressful week. The senior center here isn't open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not open here either. They offer online zoom classes.

      Delete
  5. It certainly hasn't been the best of weeks.
    I hope the weekend has been a little better for you.

    Thinking of you and sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I have to do. I really don't want them thinking that they hurt me.

      Delete