Friday, March 6, 2020

Friday Roundup

Oh my.  I did it again, didn't I?  Another disappearing act. Just haven't been myself lately.  My tummy acts up about every four days, and now my hips are giving me pain.  I've learned to deal with the back pain.  It's gone on so long it is a part of me, but the hips?  I have to say this scares the heck out of me. To be honest, I have spent my life taking care of others, and it just kills me to think I may become helpless for awhile and need someone to take care of me.  I know that sounds downright silly, and my hubby would certainly not mind taking care of me, but even as a child I took care of myself so I don't know how to feel.  Besides, I am getting ahead of myself here.  I may never need hip surgery so why worry about something that hasn't and may never happen.

Found an awesome candle place on Etsy.  Been buying for me and buying as gifts.  They are so pretty that I don't even want to light them.

Seasons of Change is a blend of orange, cinnamon, nutmeg, bay leaf, pink Himalayan salt.  Crystal is included. 

Couldn't resist this one.  Mermaid Magic.  Soy wax, jasper stone chips, sea shells, fresh citrus scent. 
Topped with tiny seashells.

Power of the Full Moon.  Soy wax, honeysuckle oil, lavender oil, Himalayan pink salt, mosaic shells to bring power from the moon and the ocean. 

We have had an awesome winter here in Brooklyn.  Hardly any snow and what we did have, disappeared the next day.  Lots of rain, yes, but I am thankful that it wasn't colder.  Would probably have been a hermit for the winter months if it were.  All this rain would have added up to many feet of snow.

Much has been happening lately at the center, but I will leave that for another day.  Now I want to take some to visit all of you.


11 comments:

  1. I truly miss you when you don't blog. Funny how you feel like a friend has moved away when you don't see a blogger friend posting.
    I know that we have busy and active lives outside of blogging...but you were missed just the same :)

    So sorry to hear of your pain. Hope you are better soon without surgery.

    Love those candles...WOW!!! I wouldn't light them either...to pretty.

    Have a lovely day and enjoy not having snow 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much. I feel the same about you when you are not around. I really look forward to your blog.

      Delete
  2. Hope your hips don't get worse. That is one of my fears, too---that someone might have to caretake me someday. I have always been the caretaker.
    Love the candles. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard isn't it? I have always been so independent. I think that's what scares me the most.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I was wondering where you were! Figured you must be under the weather. Glad you're feeling a bit chipper now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to put things in perspective. Doesn't do me any good to hibernate. Have to keep going and pray for the best.

      Delete
  4. I am glad you are back. I hope that your hip pain eases and you can avoid surgery. Add me to the list of those who dread and fear needing full time care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a scary thought, isn't it? I've always taken care of others and been so darn independent. That's how I injured my back in the first place. Must remember to tell you all that story.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back. I am personal care giver and I sure hope I can be able to take care of my self for a long time.
    One of my clients had nerve simulator (HF10) put in, and it made all the different in his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to look into that if it gets worse. Still a ways to go yet. It's just the fear that it is beginning to happen.

      Delete
  6. I do hope your hips don't get worse …
    I do like the candles.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete