Saturday, March 7, 2020

Saturday Short



This Coronavirus is making me so anxious.  Not so much for myself, but for hubby.  His lungs are already compromised, and he is out there driving people around in his car.  He is always picking up colds.  I tried to talk him into taking a break for awhile, but the fact is, he has that new car and the insurance is much higher.  At this point, he has no choice. 

Last week I went nuts trying to find him some Lysol spray.  It's all sold out, that and wipes, masks, and hand sanitizer.  I have the masks and hand sanitizer since before the virus hit, but only a wee bit of Lysol.  Amazon sellers are price gouging.  $59 for two cans.  I was fortunate that I didn't have to resort to that.  The pharmacy across from the center had two very large cans and because he knew about my husband, actually took a few dollars off the regular price for me.  There are definitely Angels in this world.  

Everything is selling out around here--masks, Lysol, hand sanitizer, dried beans, milk, toilet paper, paper towels.  It's a madhouse there in the stores.  My friend told me that Cosco was so bad that people were lined up outside to come in and were only allowed to go in when someone left--one at a time.  A real panic out there. I have to do a bit of shopping this morning.  I have no idea what I will face when I get to the store.  How is it where you are?


14 comments:

  1. Not so bad here yet---but there are a lot of things sold out---but so far no panicked reactions--although I expect that may come.
    Wishing the best for you hubby. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't so bad at the supermarket. Single rolls of toilet paper were left, but not the packages of multiple rolls. Good thing I had hubby pick up some.

      Delete
  2. People are panicking here, too.
    Going shopping is terrible.
    Those sellers online are the kind of scum that make this world SICK!
    No amount of hand sanitizer will keep their hands clean!
    I do hope that your husband and you and your family stay healthy
    We are in a similar situation here and we try not to go anywhere unless we have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are always there to take advantage of someone. I remember back on 9/11 when we had to walk the Brooklyn Bridge to get home. They were out there selling bottles of water for $5.

      Delete
  3. We have (we think) enough sanitizer for a little while. We can’t get wipes, but we can get by without those. This virus is not short time and will last for at least a few months. They diagnosed a case in my area and I am sure there will be others. Frightening times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a great recipe to make my own. I will share the recipe when I am sure it works.

      Delete
  4. It's the same here -- hard to find hand sanitizer and other antibacterial wipes, toilet paper, etc. I'm not hoarding for the coronavirus but if I see a pack of toilet paper on the shelves, I buy it now just because when I need more just for regular use, will it be there? Crazy, man, crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always bought the large package of toilet paper because that way we didn't have to run and buy it so often. So glad we managed to find a bulk package on Thursday.

      Delete
  5. Most supermarkets have no toilet paper at all on the shelves. There have been fights over it. Hand sanitiser is kept behind the counter and doled out in rationed quantities. Craziness.
    I hope that you and hubby stay clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This panic is awful, isn't it? And what makes it scarier is that I don't think they are telling us everything. They didn't have this panic for SARS a few years back.

      Delete
  6. As far as I can tell, here (at least in my small town) the concern is less panicky. Hand sanitizer is supposed to be sold out even though experts that doesn't work - soap and water is best. I haven't seen any empty shelves or fights in the isles. I think everyone needs to take a deep breathe and think, read, listen to the experts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't ventured over to Costco yet. I hear some area stores are a night mare.
    Things are sold out here too. Actually over heard a lady on the phone at Dollar Tree asking the party she was speaking to if there was anything they wanted her to stock pile for them.
    They were pretty wiped out at that store, so I don't know what she thought she'd find.
    All we can do is prepare best we can. Limit going out and wash hands more frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am out here in The Bronx. My dollar tree was out of most of their cleaning products. I just went to Stop n Shop near me. The same thing including like half the toilet tissue.
    I am not saying the virus isn't a concern. I think people are getting nuts about this when they don't need to be.
    I feel the fear of the virus is causing a lot more problems than the actual virus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, here in the UK people are panicking too.
    Shopping is getting more difficult.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete