Friday, March 13, 2020

Friday Roundup

Friday has arrived and oh what a week it has been.  Busy, busy, busy. And scary, scary, scary.  The virus is only a few blocks from my home now.  Everything is shutting down.  I'll be running about this weekend trying to prepare should we need to isolate ourselves. 

On Monday I went to the center.  Don't attend the Wellness Course anymore since it has become a group therapy session.  Had enough of those on the job.  I didn't retire for this.  I like a group to be fun or a learning experience, not a place to listen to someone's problems. 

Started reading an awesome book, 'The Elephant Chaser's Daughter', the true story of a young Hindu girl who was born into the lowest caste system and was lucky enough to be accepted into the Shanti Bhavan, a school that helps poor Indian children get an education. She completed school and went onto college; psychology was her major  and later graduated with a Master’s degree in Psychological Counseling. 


I was so into this book that  I also started watching the Netflix documentary series, 'Destiny's Daughter' which is based on the author and 3 other children in the school. So awesome. Seeing how they lived makes one feel so blessed with what we have.

On Wednesday we played Yahtzee.  I look forward to that every week.   It's really the highlight of my day, that, and the delicious lunch they served us--sausage and peppers, penne, Cali veggies, pineapple, and orange juice.  I've been trying to drink more juice in me to build up this old immune system.

Thursday morning is the weekly trivia game.  I usually spend the time working on my dot to dot or sticker by number book.  Got two new ones that are great.  



In the afternoon we had our Nutrition class.  Made this fabulous fruit salad...


Red grapes, green grapes, bananas,  strawberries, kiwi, canned mandarins with lemon juice and honey dressing.

Have a wonderful weekend and stay safe.





9 comments:

  1. Yahtzee! It's fun! Have a good weekend, Mary, and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never played until a few weeks ago, and now I look forward to Wednesday game day.

      Delete
  2. You certainly know how to keep busy and that is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby and I are talking about self-hybernating once it gets worse. Stocking up on books and hobby stuff.

      Delete
  3. OMG! That virus is so close!
    Do be careful.
    How nice that you have so many interests to keep you and your mind active. You are amazing.
    Hopefully your son is doing well and your granddaughter.
    You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really scared. I worry so about hubby. I'm glad he has agreed to go on lock down when it gets worse.

      Delete
  4. We used to play yahtzee for household chores, with the loser doing them.
    Stay well and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fruit salad looks yummy!
    Stay well and stay safe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete