Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Tuesday Ranble

Had a very rough night last night so will probably be heading for a nap today. My bones ached and my mind was working in overtime. As I said to Ralph last night 'just 2 weeks ago our lives were normal. We were going about our daily business. Life was so good, so normal, and now, the world has turned upside down'. 

I'd so looked forward to today's party. In fact, my son had given me a lovely green sweater for Christmas, and I purposely didn't wear it because I wanted to save it for the St. Patrick's Day party. And last week Ralph had asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner. My back ached so I said no, let's go to Olive Garden for my birthday dinner. Now, that's out. I don't mean to sound selfish, but those of you who know me, it's not easy for me to be isolated in the house....even though I have things to do. I don't mean to sound selfish. I hope I don't.  I'm an active person, always on the run, so this is going to take some training for me. I will be okay.

Then I was worried, how am I going to be able get my rent money from the bank? And sadly, family members may not be able to visit because they may be carrying the virus. So many things went through my mind.

What's most scary about this is that it is something you can't see. You don't know when it is around you. The lady sitting next to you on the bus can be a carrier. I understand why all this is being done. It is being done to save our lives.  


I'm calling my friends every day.  It's important that we stay in contact.  My friend, Marie, is 91 and almost blind.  I hate thinking of her being so alone and wish we lived closer.  But even if I took the bus to visit her, I'd still have a long walk afterwards...and I don't want to endanger her anyway.  Telephone contact every day will have to do for now.  

And Henry.  He's almost blind like Marie, and it's dancing that keeps him going.  With everything shut down, he has no place to dance anymore.  

There is goodness left in the world.  Found this shoved under my door this morning.


 Brought tears to my eyes.

And the  center called yesterday to say they are giving out dinners.  It is being done outside the church because they can't have too many people in the center.  Today will be corned beef and cabbage, and I was welcome to come and get some.  No one was allowed inside. Meals are being handed out outdoors. I was tempted, but right now I am pretty stocked up so why take that chance on public transportation for something I don't need. Maybe in a week or so. It will definitely save me money to get my meals since Ralph can't work anymore. Life has changed so drastically.

Asking  for prayers for my daughter, granddaughters and all others--nurses, doctors, fireman, police officers, transit workers--who are out there on the front lines. May God bless them and watch over them.

14 comments:

  1. We are all frightened. Stay in touch with your friends by phone. They need you and you need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will. I felt so sorry for Marie. She is so lost and alone. Breaks my heart.

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness for the telephone, eh? And computers and TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I find myself participating in FB groups more than ever.

      Delete
  3. It certainly is a crazy time.
    I think I am shocked by the amount of people who take this so nonchalantly like it's no big deal. Or the ones that think its not as bad as being told or worse that it's a hoax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I find that they are those who don't fall into the vulnerable group so they just don't care.

      Delete
  4. It is a scary and difficult world we live in now.
    You are very thoughtful to keep in touch with the friends you have made at the center.
    You and your family are and have been in my prayers and thoughts everyday.
    You take care and keep your thoughts busy with other things as much as possible.

    Cyber Hugs (virus free) 💮

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all frightened.
    Love that note from Em - proof that despite the hoarders there ARE good people around.
    Heartfel hugs and oceans of caring are flowing your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It brought tears to my eyes when I saw it. And to think, just the other day a stranger visiting someone in the building tried to steal her package and still she ready to help others. Amazing woman she is.

      Delete
  6. Today's post was anything but selfish - I found it inspiring. And those of us with time on our hands have time to pray, so I imagine we will, for those who are helping us all! Thank you for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Just have to keep going no matter what. At least we have computer and phones. Have never been so busy on the computer.

      Delete
  7. In these scary times, it is important to stay in touch with your friends by phone, it will help you all out...

    Saying a prayer for all.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a difficult time for all of us. I understand about being an active person and now find options for activity limited. Try YouTube - there are all sorts of 50+ exercise videos you can do without any cost. And, talk or text helps to keep all of us connected. Take care.

    ReplyDelete