Friday, March 20, 2020

Friday Roundup

So Friday has arrived, and it spells the end of my first week in self-isolation.  I'd be lying if I said all was going well.  In fact, I'm going stir crazy.  I'm a social person, used to running about every day.  Now aside from my daily phone calls to friends, I'm alone.  Oh, I do have hubby, yes, but he's getting depressed.  In fact, he went for a walk to the park the other day (wearing a mask) but ended up getting in his car and going to a busy store to get some milk and paper towels and then went to hang out at his base and talk to the guys.  I am beside myself.  He admits he shouldn't have exposed himself in that way and will not do it again, but now I have to worry.

As far as the center goes, they are providing meals to us seniors, but we have to go stand in line outdoors to pick them up.  I really think that is wrong. They should deliver to us.  They already do meals on wheels and are delivering to some of my peers.  For my friend, Marie, they are bringing her 5 frozen meals a week.  They should be doing this for all of us rather than making the 'most vulnerable' venture out and expose themselves.  Stagger it out.  Do the 5 meals to some one day, then 5 to another the next, and so on so that each week each person gets a meal.  I can't go.  I refuse to put myself in danger by riding public transportation.

I've been having some fun with my Sticker by Number book.

 
I also have been digging out spring and summer clothes and rinsing them off and hanging on my window guards for that nice fresh air smell.  Also been packing away heavy winter sweaters.  Won't be needing them anymore.

How have you been staying busy?

9 comments:

  1. I am sure it is hard for both you and your hubby to all of a sudden have no contact with people since you both are socially connected to others through work and the center.
    Keeping busy is good as you are trying to do.
    None of us have normal routines anymore.
    We are all just trying to survive this pandemic and that takes a lot of energy that we are running out of.

    Hugs 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby isn't making it any easier. He is going stir crazy and talks about how he has to get out. I offered to buy him some books from Amazon, but he said no. Some excuse that he needed reading glasses. Well I have plenty at home and sure can read his cell phone He's not like me. I find things to keep busy. He just lays around.

      Delete
    2. I do hope that your hubby will finally come up with a way to keep himself busy.
      The world is not the same as it was and we must keep trying to adjust as best we can 💮

      Delete
  2. I've been staying busy with household chores and little jobs, TV, reading, computer, etc. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing the best I can here. Can't be sitting so much. My hips are really hurting.

      Delete
  3. I've been working in the yard and on a variety of projects started but not finished. Also, I try to do exercise programs I find on YouTube. And, I can walk the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as easy to get out here. Still lots of people on the street.

      Delete
  4. I have been reading, gardening and 'thinking' about cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about it is about all I've done with cleaning to. I did clean out the refrigerator. That's something.

      Delete