Monday, March 16, 2020

Monday Morning This and That

Oh gosh, what a weekend.  Didn't go to the center on Friday, and then decided that I would get my food shopping done so I wouldn't have to go on Saturday when it would probably be busy, so I made out my little list and headed to the Super Fresh.    WHERE HAVE I BEEN?  WHAT MADE ME THINK IT WOULD BE A NORMAL SHOPPING DAY?

It was surreal out there.  One woman almost knocked me down as she raced to get two 24 count bottles of water.  There was so many people and all were acting like madness had taken over their bodies. Many of the shelves were already bare.  I couldn't get any pasta, corn flakes for hubby, my brand of instant oatmeal, paper towels, napkins, bread, etc.  By the time I was in line, I was almost in tears.  The lines were so long and carts were filled to the brim.  I'd planned on heading to Target after my delivery arrived, but those plans were changed.  Delivery didn't come until almost 4, and the driver apologized and said they had over 150 deliveries that day. Oh my!!!  

So Saturday I left at 8:15am to hit Target before the crowds.  I wanted to pick up some over the counter medications that they advise us to have on hand.  My logic was go early because they probably stocked up during the night.  Well, not really. Target was just as bad.  I got my Aleve, cold medication for hubby, his favorite breakfast bars, and the last box of his favorite corn flakes.  But nothing else on my list.  So I bought a couple of magazines and 2 bags of crunch Cheetos.  Stopped at Walgreens on my way to the bus stop.  Thankfully they had Tylenol so I bought one for fever and one for arthritis, nasal spray for me, and pantiliners. 

No church on Sunday.  Canceled.  The world has turned upside down, and we have no choice but to deal with it.  I came to the decision this weekend that I will not be returning to the center for the time being.  I will miss my friends dearly, but I am not going to put myself   It is hard to believe that this is all happening and affecting our routine.  Our lives have been turned upside down.

And now to the decision I made over the weekend.  I am now in isolation.  I made the decision not without tears for I will miss my friends and all the fun we have.  I'm hunkered down now for the long run.  Taking a new course online, reading, de-cluttering, FB games, these are my realities now. 

As for hubby, he is, at this point, continuing to work but being very, very careful.  Keeps the window down, sprays after each passenger, wipes everything down with Lysol, washes hands and uses hand sanitizer frequently.  It's only a matter of time, though, before he joins me in self-isolation.  

Have a good one.

16 comments:

  1. Great to hear that you are not going to the center for awhile. Since we do not have a vaccine for this new corona virus, we do not have any extra protection. We elderly are of course, vulnerable.
    I do hope that your husband will be staying home soon. At least he is taking precautions.
    Wishing you the best and your family 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's incredible. I still can't believe this. It's like a nightmare that I will wake up from. May you and yours stay safe in these trying times.

      Delete
  2. Yes, this is the new reality now for everyone. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you as well. Just feeling so sad about the state of the world.

      Delete
  3. I'm semi-self isolating. Still going out and walking in sunshine, but not much else. I'm blogging more and stopping by new blogs a lot. I'm fortunate to live near Riverside Park. Take care and be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately my park is a bus ride away. Not going to take that chance but there is a courtyard in our building. On warmer days I plan on sitting out there. I'm doint the same. Blogging and visiting new blogs.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you and you as well. Please take care of yourself.

      Delete
  5. You are brave and I admire you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Not so brave anymore though. I'm downright scared to leave my house.

      Delete
  6. A good decision, stay well and safe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I just hope its over with sooner rather than later.

      Delete
  7. It is a scary world out there right now. The best thing to do is stay safe.

    ReplyDelete