Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Tuesday Ramble

Tuesday's over.  Birthday's gone for another year.  I'm 73 years old now, an old timer for sure.  I've been truly blessed with a wonderful family and awesome friends.  Couldn't ask for anything more.  So what if I couldn't go out to Olive Garden for dinner.  So what. More meaningful to me were the well wishes from friends and loved ones. That's what it's all about.   

Hubby surprised me with a gift from Edible Arrangements. 

I took everything out of the container and tossed it away quickly.

From my daughter.  Stones were chosen that help with anxiety and stress.

And I made my special dinner.  
Shepherd's Pie.  Been wanting it for awhile now.   

Now for some bad news.  My great granddaughter has been diagnosed with Covid.  She is barely a year old.  They expedited her test to get it back sooner. Her lungs were only functioning,  I think she said 50% and the gave her a good dose of steroid. Fixed that almost instantly. She had a really nasty cough. Seems she is doing a bit better this morning.

We are living through a nightmare, but we are strong.  We will survive this.  I like to keep that up front when I'm feeling sad.  The world will come back.

15 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that your sweet little great granddaughter is sick with this nightmarish virus. I pray that she will do better every day.

    I wish you Happy Birthday,even though days are difficult during these times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Survive is what humans do. And, all will be good again. Positive thoughts to you and your great grand daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one birthday that you will remember for sure.
    I am so sorry to hear about your great granddaughter. Bless her sweet little heart.
    Have a nice day and be safe 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just waiting now for test results. She is feeling somewhat better.

      Delete
  4. What lovely gifts! Your great granddaughter is the youngest person I've heard of with the virus. I'm glad the steroid shot helped her breathing and I hope she recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry to read about your great grand daughter, and hope she recovers quickly and completely.
    Love your gifts and you are right - family well wishes and love mean the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness … I am so sorry to read about your great grand-daughter.
    Sending positive thoughts and prayers - hope she recovers soon.

    You did receive some very nice gifts for your birthday.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Thank goodness she is doing better.

      Delete
  7. It been ages since I had Shepard pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They made it at the center, but since I wasn't going anymore, I was craving it.

      Delete
  8. Happy belated birthday lovely lady!!

    As my people say, "Sto Lat!!!"

    ReplyDelete