Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Remembering Happy Times

At last count we have over 850 cases here in New York, and our mayor is contemplating shelter in place.  Should be doing that any day now. Most of us have been doing that anyway, but some just don't seem to care.  They continue working every day on this building next door to me.  That certainly isn't something that is essential. We're in the midst of a pandemic.   Indeed, they should not be out and about.  Makes it even harder sheltering place because the noise all day is unending.  So, I decided that for the next few days I am going to concentrate on happier times. 

 One or our parties.  That's sweet Henry dancing away in the white shirt.
My friend Mary.  She is an amazing woman.  Rides her bike back and forth to the center every day despite the fact that she was battling cancer.  She is okay now.


Ralph, me, Anthony, Jerry, and Tahnee at holiday time.

Members of the cast of the play the center put on.

Mary Lou.  She is a sweetheart.  Rumor has it that one of these men is her hubby and the other a boyfriend.  I'm not sure which is which but they all get along well.

February's birthdays.  Marie with the cane turned 91, Henry with the hat turned 95, and next to him is Sylvia, just turned 97.

Me at the Halloween party.

My friend Marc at the Halloween party.

My sweet friend, Marie.

Maureen and Judy.  

Dorothy and Harvey at a picnic we went to.

Carmen and Christine at the same picnic.

 Henry in his glory...dancing.

 Sweet Harriet.  She is a bit slow and such a lovely woman.

 Ron and Maureen.

15 comments:

  1. It is hard to be firm with someone who has been so helpful all these days but unfortunately with the Virus situation increasing day by day it is best for her to stay away. Highly appreciate you writing about this in your blog as it is best for people to know what they should do and also how to deal with the situation when a close one is affected. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to be firm with someone who has been so helpful all these days but unfortunately with the Virus situation increasing day by day it is best for her to stay away. Highly appreciate you writing about this in your blog as it is best for people to know what they should do and also how to deal with the situation when a close one is affected. Thank you. Please vist us at https://www.bloghasting.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to be looking at and remembering happier times. I enjoyed your photos of all your friends at the center and your family,too.
    I didn't realize that they are working on the new building next door to you again. I had hoped that they stopped completely.
    Take care Mary. I know that you will and hopefully with God's help things will settle down soon 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are out there now. So much for sheltering in place.

      Delete
  4. Those good times will be back again! You make a very fetching witch -- love your sparkly hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOTS of happy memories.
    Love your halloween garb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying keep myself upbeat. That's all I can do. How are you faring with all of this.

      Delete
  6. What fun times. I'm on the Upper West Side and getting ready to shelter in place. In reality that's what I have been doing for the last week. I go out and walk -- saves my sanity -- and stop in one store a day. Today it was CVS. Can't believe the things I worried about last week! Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Brooklyn. I have just been going out to the courtyard to get air. I know. Last week on Wednesday morning we were at the senior center laughing and playing Yahtzee. Now everything has turned upside down.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful faces, having fun, and many good times. Perfect post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's a very good idea to be remembering happier times...
    Take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Looking forward to the day I can return.

      Delete
  9. Remembering good times is comforting. Don't let the current situation get you down though - more good times are coming.

    ReplyDelete