Saturday, March 21, 2020

Saturday Short

Well, I'd prepared a post about my frustration that our governor had not ordered a 'Stay at Home' order, especially since we are now the epicenter of the virus in this country.  Well, within a half hour he gave a press conference and ordered everyone aside from  essential workers to stay indoors.  Oh, we can go out for food, medicine, or a short walk, but must stay away from other people.  Hey, you don't have to tell me twice.

Hubby and I have begun going on short walks in the afternoon.  We both need the exercise and the fresh air so we donned our masks and out we went. Yesterday was my first day out of the house in a week.  I don't mind telling you it felt good, but it also felt eerie just knowing that the invisible threat was around us.   And I have to say, even though I was masked and protected, I still felt afraid.  And I wondered, will the world ever feel normal again?

12 comments:

  1. We also have been told the same thing.
    I am happy that you and your hubby at least got out for a walk.
    Most humans are socially wired to gather...we miss being among our peers.
    Take care and be safe 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never spent more time on the phone. I was telling hubby I wish my friends from the center were computer savvy so we could have a skype meeting.

      Delete
  2. Fresh air is good for us! Enjoy your walks, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exercise and fresh air is always good for any of us and as long as we maintain a 6ft distance between others, we should be ok (according to experts).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are way ahead of us. We are encouraged to keep our distance (but hundreds of people gathered on Bondi Beach yesterday). I am glad that you and hubby can get out for walks. Keep it up and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People don't listen. They don't believe or they feel it won't happen to them. NYC is a nightmare right now. Hoping people start listening where you are before it is to late.

      Delete
  5. The thing I don't understand, it's not allowed to dine in, yet people are allowed to be in a crowd in a grocery store, or ride on a city bus that's jammed full with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way, Lon. People are packed like sardines in the stores yet one cannot eat out.

      Delete
  6. Things are sure crazy. I am also ready to have this virus to end. No fun at all.

    ReplyDelete