Monday, March 9, 2020

Monday Morning This and That

Morning all.  Ready for a new week?  I'm ready to begin.  Had a nice weekend.  Picked up a few meats at the supermarket and went home and cooked them up.  Later hubby and I went

I have been meeting my friends at MacDonald's on Sunday for brunch, but decided not to yesterday since we were going out.  Actually, I wanted to go but last week they didn't have the Shamrock Shakes ready so instead I had an Iced Mocha and later on got sick as a dog.  I'm beginning to believe that I really have to watch out for sugar.  Each time I have been sick lately, sugar has been involved.

On Thursday our Nutrition class started again.  The topic for our first lesson was 'Cooking on a Budget' and for hand's on experience we made Nachos.

Made our own nachos out of tortillas. Topped with red, green and orange peppers, chopped tomatoes, black beans, corn, cilantro, and Mexican cheese. Delicious.

Still waiting to have two Christmases--with my daughter and grandchildren and with my goddaughter.  We'd planned my goddaughter's for last week, but she got sick.  She works at Amazon and has Monday and Tuesday off, but Monday's she does something with her daughter so Tuesday is the only day.  

As far as my family, my daughter, who had only purchased a trailer 3 months ago, decided trailer life was not for her so they sold it and moved into a small cabin.  Still waiting for them to settle in so we can finally have Christmas.  Personally, I am sick of it.  Sorry, but I live in a small apartment and these boxes of gifts sitting in my living room are taking up too much space.  And there is no other place to put them.  Next Christmas is going to be different.  Not going to go through this for months again. This is how it's been every year. 

Haven't had Chinese food in ages.  We live a block from Brooklyn's Chinatown, but never order any so yesterday I made my own and it turned out delicious.

Stir fried chicken and veggie terryaki.

Fried rice.

Next up, beef and broccoli.

10 comments:

  1. Homemade Chinese food is much better for you anyway! You can control the sodium more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely better. One never knows what is in the food you buy already made. Used to get the chicken wings until hubby pointed out how small they were.

      Delete
  2. Now I am starving after seeing all of these delicious looking foods!!!
    I can understand your being tired of Christmas. Hope this Christmas will go smoothly for you and gifts won't pile up in your living room again 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens every year. Next year I think I will have Amazon deliver directly.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that you have made the decision not to allow Christmas to crowd your space for months on end.
    Your food looks great too. I avoid Chinese restaurants because of the msg and salt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not the cleanest around here so I don't trust the restaurants. I have showed pictures of the fish stores and garbage thrown around.

      Delete
  4. Mary, that food you cooked truly looks delicious!

    When it comes to sugar, I truly believe it's my enemy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never ever have another coffee drink at MacDonald's. Really knocked me out for the day.

      Delete
  5. Think your stir fried chicken and veggie terryaki looks good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete