Thursday, March 19, 2020

And Way Back When

Over 1800  cases here in New York City. It's moving quickly now. They are talking about a shelter in place order.  I wish they would.  Maybe it would stop these morons who obviously care about nobody but themselves.  Every day they keep working on this building next door despite our Mayor saying reiterating every day how important it is to stay in if we ever hope for this virus to end.  

Good news that China has reached its peak and is on the mend, but it would have been better news if China had not covered it up and allowed it spread worldwide.  Had they quarantined immediately, maybe we wouldn't all be in this pandemic.  However, I do have to say that  I resent our so-called president calling this the Chinese virus.  It has a name and he is just instigating racism and hatred.  Already several Chinese here in New York have been attacked.

Me and one of my Easter outfits with my Susie.  She'd been hit by an oil truck and lost a leg. My girl  lived a long and happy life despite it all.

"Smile Susie.  Give me a smile." and she would grin from ear to ear.

Me with my grandmother.  My mom was a change of life baby.  I was born in 1947.  My grandmother in 1881.  That made her 66 when I was born.

Me with my grandparents.

My first birthday.

My dad and me.

My grandparents.

Mom with me.

My 4th birthday.

My Aunt Ruth and Uncle Colis.

That's me on the end with my hair pinned up.  I don't even remember being in this club.

My grandfather and me.

Dad with Tiny.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful family photos from the past. They capture a precious moment in time that we may have forgotten or would never have known about without a slightly out of focus reminder.

    We have a terrible man in charge of our country. He is not a leader. He is an instigator.

    Stay safe Mary 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was watching today and as soon as he started bragging about himself I got sick to my stomach and had to change the channel.

      Delete
  2. Love those happy memories you have.
    MUCH better to stay with them than listen to any self serving politician.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. He doesn't have any idea what he is even talking about.

      Delete
  3. Me too - I was born in 1947 and my mom was a change of life baby to my grandparents. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete