Friday, March 1, 2019

Friday Roundup

As Friday arrives I find myself looking forward to a day of rest tomorrow, before my week starts anew on Sunday.  It's been a very busy week.  I've been out of the house every day this week. Went to the center on Monday, exercised, took a wellness class and ate a delicious lunch. 

On Tuesday I headed for the bank to get the rest of the money to pay bills.  I could go to a teller and get it all at once, but I like using the ATM....and besides, it gives me an opportunity to get out of the house.  Headed into Walgreens to check out the magazines and then did a bit of food shopping before heading home.

On Wednesday I went to the center again.  Taught my first class, and  I think it went fairly well.  There were some in class extremely interested, and then there were those who had no idea what I was talking about despite my breaking it all down for them.  One elderly man took the opportunity to nap during class.  That's to be expected though.  The fact is that for several of the class members it's their first shot at expanding their minds since they retired.  And the fact is, at least they attend, listen, and ask questions.  That's a lot more than they did at the old center I attended.  All they wanted to do was play bingo and cards....day after day.  

Another fantastic lunch was served.  

Pork loin with pineapple, polenta, and baby carrots.  My first time having polenta, and I loved it.   I also love the fact that they fill your plate with lots of vegetables.  Good and healthy.

Headed to my WW workshop yesterday.  No weigh in.  I wore my heavier clothes.  I like people seeing that I have more than one outfit to wear--my weigh in outfit for two years.  I'm surprised the pants are still holding together, but then again, they do take a break in summer when I wear my sundresses.  

Bought a new cookbook at WW.  Have all of their cookbooks.  I guess you could say that's another of my many addictions--cookbooks.  I couldn't put it down last night.  Mexican is one of my favorite foods...along with Italian and Middle Eastern.  Lots of awesome new recipes to try.


This morning I am off for a full day at the center.  Chair exercise in the morning, lunch, and then 2 hours of jewelry making.  A fun day ahead.  Hubby wants to go pick out our new mattress, go out to eat, and then head to a movie on Sunday, but the way the weather looks now, I don't know how much of that we will get done.  Will just have to play it by ear.  

Have a wonderful weekend.

17 comments:

  1. LOL- I have been addicted to cookbooks for many years, too. Finally started giving some away and donating others.
    It sounds like you are having a good experience at this senior center. That's really a good thing.
    Have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've started giving away as well. For Christmas I chose a special cookbook for each person on my list and gave it to them along with their gift. Problem is, I replace them as quick as I give them away.

      Delete
  2. You are a busy lass. The oldies here also seem addicted to Bingo and cards...I went a couple of times for Bingo....that should hold me for a few years I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just not satisfied with bingo and cards every day. I love to keep learning. I feel so good after the exercise classes.

      Delete
  3. You do keep yourself busy Mary...I love that.
    If we don't keep our minds and hands busy we find ourselves snacking and eating because we get bored and sitting on our "assets" doing nothing :)
    I have a collection of cookbooks, too...as I've been saying "I am an "eclectic collector" :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. When I am stuck at home I end up eating even when I am not hungry.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear your first class as a teacher went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so nervous. Just took a deep breath and got it over with.

      Delete
  5. Will you keep teaching classes?

    I love cookbooks! But now I prefer online recipes and reading all of the comments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I was nervous, but I enjoyed it. I look for ways to feel productive since retiring.

      Delete
  6. I only had polenta a few times and I also liked it.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I am not as fussy as I used to be. In the past I would have turned my nose up at it and never know what I missed.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It's an addiction. Every times I get a new diagnosis I buy a cookbook for it. I have every WW cookbook they ever made. Some are very, very good.

      Delete
  8. So pleased to read that your first class as a teacher went well :)
    You can never have too many cookbooks.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey busy girl, I am so happy your first class went well! Congrats! That meal you get looks so good! I love cookbooks too! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too...really glad your first class went successfully!
    It's good to have so many things to do, especially through the cold winter months, isn't it? Otherwise it is all too easy to sit indoors and be tempted to lounge in front of the TV and eat...well, for me, at least! Lol
    Wow, those meals do look so good!

    Lots of love and hugs ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete