Monday, March 4, 2019

Monday This and That

Good Monday morning.  What a weekend.  Snow, snow, and more snow.  Woke up Saturday morning with a couple of inches on the ground.  Not bad, and I didn't have any place to go.  I had already planned for a stay-in 'me' day after the busy week I had.  Wasn't even concerned about shopping on Sunday now that I discovered the Super Fresh will do it for me and deliver it....all for $5.  I tried it once, and I was very pleased.  Unlike my experience with Instacart, I got everything I asked for and everything was fresh.   However, the weather was great on Sunday morning, and I was glad to have a chance to get out and enjoy some fresh air.

This is going to be a good month at the center.  Some  great new classes and groups are starting at the end of the month.   Food for Life is going to be about spices and cooking.  Right up my ally.  Life and Loss of a Pet is going to be a place to talk about our feelings.  I lost my girl a couple of years back, but I've still not been able to sit and talk about my feelings.  I am looking forward to the opportunity.  A new Dance class will be starting on Friday afternoon.  Maybe I'll take one jewelry class and dance the other.  

There also some great speakers on the calender.  On Monday OneNYC will be speaking about New York City's plan to become the most resilient, equitable, and sustainable city in the world. I already filled out a questionnaire that we definitely need more housing for seniors.  On Tuesday someone is coming to speak about Medical Cannibus.  I don't usually attend on Tuesdays, but just might go to hear this one.  I know so little about it.  And throughout the month there will be such topics as Self Defense, Scams, Dental Care, etc. 

Made these two necklaces on Friday.
I had these Howlite beads for awhile now so I brought from home and added the small black beads for length.

Wish I could get a better shot of this.  These beads I got at the center.  They are a beautiful green crystal.

As you know, I suffer from chronic pain.  So a FB friend invited me to join a group she is in.  It's for people with chronic pain.  "It's such a friendly group.  You'll fit right in," she said, so after a few days I decided to give it a try.  OMG!!!  All they do is complain about pain, doctors not giving them their drugs, family issues.  My goodness, not one person had anything positive to contribute.  Needless to say, I left the group.  I do my best to keep myself busy and upbeat, and that's the kind of group that would just bring me down.  Granted, there are people on there with more pain than me, I am sure, but my goodness, whatever happened to making the best of the life we are given.  Whatever happened to keeping positive and finding things we enjoy rather than constantly focusing on our pain.  There are people with serious disorders who have made so much more of their lives.  A card reader I follow was struck down with a debilitating disease which practically keeps her bed bound, but I never saw such a positive person.  She loves life.  If people only realized that your life is what you make it.

Not much snow last night.  Certainly not what was expected.  Only a couple of inches, but I'm still thinking about staying home today.  Better to be safe than sorry.  Let everyone who is going to clear their sidewalks get them shoveled before I go out and hope for the best from those who don't. 

Have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

  1. That is wonderful that you have so many choices to keep you busy. Those are the joys of living in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Sometimes I want to move back into the country, but then I think about all I will be giving up. I don't drive so I'd be stuck. Here, the bus runs about every 15 minutes and stops right on the corner. I can get any place I want to go.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like March is going to be a fun and busy month! And how right you are about negative people who do nothing but moan, whine, bitch and complain about life -- stay away from those downers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard one positive word from anyone in a group. I look for something more upbeat.

      Delete
  3. The center sounds like it’s going to be hopping with good stuff this month!!!! Have fun!!!

    I’ve found fb groups tend to turn into gripe sessions and very rarely offer the support they are started for!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, especially the WW support groups on FB. I dropped all of them. I do enjoy the Tinnitus group I joined. Not all the whining and offers of hope.

      Delete
  4. You are so right! Life is what you make out of it! So happy you got out of that group! I love the topics you will be talking about at your center! My mom is on medical weed and it helps her alot! Love the necklaces! Big Hugs!
    (Mary, you asked about buying the book? The link is on my side bar on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, March certainly sounds as if it's going to be a very good month at the center… enjoy.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete