Monday, March 25, 2019

Monday This and That

Another week begins.  Good Monday morning.  Had a busy weekend starting on Friday when I went to the bead show in Manhattan.  Oh my gosh.  As you can see, I was like a kid in a candy store.  Spent way more than I had planned, but I had no willpower.





Had an awful ride there and back though.  On the ride in there were four of us all squeezed into a little cab...and all the way in we in the back seat were not only so cramped we couldn't move, but felt something hitting our back the entire way. Going home should have been better as one of us left early and took the subway, but the cab driver said we had to cram into the back seat because he had someone else to pick up. Grrr!!!! What if our friend hadn't left early? What then? The fact is Access-a-ride did not send the proper size vehicle for going there and overbooked on the way home. Never again....at least not in Access-a-ride.

My loot from Friday.  Don't know where to begin.

Woke up Saturday, my birthday, with pain all through my body.  Not a part of me didn't ache.  Yup, I turned 72 years old this weekend.  I'm getting to be a real oldster...and my body is letting me know.  Can't do all the things I did in my youth.  

My daughter gave me this lovely necklace.  My son had sent me $50 to spend at the bead show.  And hubby gave me money.  Of course, I had expected the money so I spent it before I even got it so this will all go to the bills. 

On Sunday hubby took me to Olive Garden, and I pigged out.  Hey, we only get one birthday a year so might as well make the best of it.  Have 363 days now til my next one. 


And delicious cake with a birthday song.  What more can a gal ask for?


18 comments:

  1. A HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you Mary, I'm sorry to hear that you were in pain though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did have a nice birthday Mary and a Happy 72nd Birthday a bit late...to you!!!🎂🎈🎉🎁🍰
    Have a wonderful creative time with your beautiful beads!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I don't know where to begin. I guess I start with sorting.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you had a lovely birthday, Mary (apart from the cramped cab!)...and would like to wish you belated best wishes...so sorry for being late!

    A hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. No apologies necessary. I hadn't even mentioned it.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, Mary! My mom and I both LOVE eating at Olive Garden and your birthday dinner and cake look mouth-watering good! I agree with you, once a year you just gotta let go and enjoy yourself - after all, you've earned it!

    That bead show looks like it was awesome. I know that you will enjoy creating many beautiful pieces of jewelry with what you have bought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have been having a ball with these beads. Came home from class and immediately started working.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday!!! Those beads are lovely and looks like it was fun time. Sorry you didn't feel so good over the weekend but glad you went out to celebrate. That pasta looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The pasta was so yummy. I love Olive Garden.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday, Mary! You're still a young chick -- just a reverse 27!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very happy belated birthday.
    So pleased you were able to go out and celebrate.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Mary! Glad you had a special day, because you are special! Wow, all those beads are amazing! Love the necklace your daughter gave you! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Had a very nice birthday this year.

      Delete