Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday Roundup

Friday has arrived.  Another week in the books.   I kept myself fairly busy this week.  Actually was out and about every day this week. Except for yesterday.  It was windy and wet so I decided not to go to my WW meeting.  Have to watch myself, though.  I am missing far too many meetings lately.  Not a good sign for me. 
 
Monday I was feeling pretty darn miserable.  Next time we go to Applebees I have to insist on sitting at a table with a chair, not a booth.  I know they there for more than two people, but I shouldn't have to suffer in pain the day after because of an uncomfortable seat.  We pay enough for dinner that we should be able to be seated comfortably, and I shouldn't have to worry about being in pain the next day.  

Tuesday I did some banking and shopping.  Shame on me.  I picked up a pint of ice cream and 6 marshmallow Easter eggs.  Cannot resist Easter candy. Not good when I am not making meetings on a weekly basis.  It is very easy for me to get off track.  Definitely not going to miss any more meetings.

Had an interesting class on Wednesday.  On vitamins and herbs. Always looking to learn something new. And lunch on Wednesday?  How about vegetable lasagna and salad.  Oh my.  It was so yummy.  Wish I had gotten a picture, but I was feeling pretty miserable.  I had wanted to stay for the yoga classes, but one of the discs in my back was bothering me.  It kept feeling like was going to go all the way out so I was a bit worried.

As you know, I stayed in yesterday, and made some jewelry.  

I made these earrings.



On a sad note, the pagan world lost another soul yesterday.  RIP Edain McCoy.  Gosh, I love her books.  And she was so young.  Only 61.  She died after a couple weeks battle with the flu.  So very sad.  
 
Heading here today with a group of peers from my jewelry class.   Been looking forward to this all week. 



Have a wonderful day.

14 comments:

  1. You've become such a talented jewelry maker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love seeing the jewelry that you create. My sister and I are always saying that we want to learn how to make our own because that is one of the things that we do not know how to do. Yours are so lovely - you are very good!

    So very sad to hear about Edain McCoy - I have almost all of her books - love her!

    Enjoy your weekend, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have all her books as well. Jewelry making is so much fun. I now you will be good at it.

      Delete
  3. Hope your back feels better soon.
    Did you get your new mattress?
    Love your jewelry that you design and create...beautiful!

    Have a great day and feel better soon 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes. The new mattress. I love it. Still have pain in the morning but not as bad. Thank you for the compliment. It means a lot coming from you.

      Delete
  4. Your jewelry is beautiful!!! Love the earrings especially. I am sorry you lost a dear soul. 61 is way too young to cash in the chips!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Died from the flu- OMG how sad!! I've heard that much more in the past years and so now the flu season is scary.
    Those earrings are wonderful!!! I love them- do you have an etsy shop?
    Look at how talented you are. Wow. I am actually doing the opposite, I am reconstructing old necklaces with beads that no longer fit or I no longer in styled and I'm giving the beads to a friend who makes jewelry. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flu season has gotten very scary. I use a mask on the bus. Don't care what I look like. No Etsy shop. My son keeps at me but I just don't feel ready.

      Delete
  6. I'm with you on the 'booth' situation. They are soft and comfy but miserable to get in and out of..particularly out of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Applebees are not even soft and comfy. All the give in them is gone so it's a hard surface. They really do need to put some new ones in.

      Delete
  7. That Wednesday class on vitamins and herbs sounds interesting.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the jewellery you make Mary! Please take care of your back! I understand about losing weight! Take everything one day at a time! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete