Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Tuesday Ramble.

Good Tuesday morning.  Had a good Monday despite wellness class being canceled for the day.  Does one good to just sit and socialize for awhile.  Just do nothing but chat.  Lunch was awesome.  Beef goulash, mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, an orange, orange juice, and low fat milk.  I had taken a picture of it, but it didn't take on my phone.  It's been doing that lately, and by the time I discovered that despite the flash going off the picture wasn't there, it was too late because I'd already cleaned up my plate.  No dinner last night.  Only some fruit.  

Took these photos the other night

Thought this was awesome.  It was about 6 pm and clouds were beginning to cover the sun. 
 
The Verrazano Bridge.  It's awesome in person.

As you may know, I do online surveys to make some extra bucks.  it's time consuming and money is low, but I managed to put together enough money for Christmas shopping the year before and already have made over a hundred dollars this year.  Sometimes, too, I take a rather cheap paying survey which turns out to be something more....like the time they called me in for an in-person focal group and I made $200 for 30 minutes....or a few weeks ago when I made $45 for an online survey about some new lottery cards.  At this time I am testing a new foundation.  I love, love, love it.  Hope they tell me what it is when the test is done because I will definitely buy it.  

A late birthday gift arrived for me from my son's girlfriend, Tahnee.  She knows me like a book.

 The box is so nice that I am planning to do something with it. 

 And inside were 12 spring scented votive candles. 

Started reading a new book.  Hope it  does me some good.  My eating is getting out of control.  Not good after coming so far.  

 If anyone eats mindlessly it's me.  I can finish my plate in 5 minutes...and then, of course, I am still hungry because my brain hasn't had a chance to process it.  This book opens the mind to how important it is to nourish every aspect of our life — not just our physical body.  Love that there are after chapter check-ins and opportunities to keep me on track.


Have a good one.

15 comments:

  1. I hope that book helps! And what a lovely gift from Tahnee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent that comes from that box is heavenly. And all are spring/summer scents. Love it.

      Delete
  2. Oooh Yankee candles! I love those - I live very close to one of their stores and it is very convenient I must say.

    That pic of the sky and the bridge does look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a bit hard to see in the pic, but are those Yankee Candles I am not sure?? I may be wrong. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not Yankee Candles. They are 'thegiftbox' candles. Smell awesome.

      Delete
  4. Your lunch sounds good, a fabulous selection of vegetables.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious. They cook well over there and the good thing is, they are not high in sodium. They actually deliver 675 meals on wheels as well as feed us.

      Delete
  5. It been ages since I had goulash. Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. It tasted so darn good. I hadn't planned on finishing up my dish, but I couldn't help it.

      Delete
  6. oh I love bridges!! Great picture of the clouds. That box of candles is awesome. What a wonderful gift. Have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting pictures of the sky and hard to believe that I got that photo while riding in a moving vehicle.

      Delete
  7. Scented candles are always lovely gifts...very thoughtful.
    That is a lovely bridge.
    That lunch sounded delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Verazzano is awesome. It's huge. Can't get the entire bridge in one picture. And yes, it is lovely. For me, it's also a sure sign that I am nearing home.

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful gift! I hope the book helps! If it does, please share! Something I should read! Great photos! Excellent on making some extra money. I would like to know about the foundation too! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book, but I haven't been able to get into it. I think that's because I don't want to at this time. So unmotivated.

      Delete