Thursday, March 28, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends


This was the first succulent I received in my subscription box.  I just canceled it because I've already received 4 and aside from the last one, none are doing very well.  I don't think it's me...but who knows.

Chick pea salad.  So yummy.

Me and my great granddaughter two Christmases ago.  She is such a little love.

I know I have asked this before, but do you see anything in this cloud?

This is my dad and his twin.  This picture has to be almost 90 years old.

My son, daughter, and myself.

My little napping gnome.

One of the little bracelets I made awhile back.

About two years ago.  I was still a blonde back then.

Outside of my church last spring.  Looking forward to this year.

This was my zumba class when I was going to downtown Brooklyn.  Doesn't look like I'll be making it back there again.  It's okay though.  I do miss the friends and trainers that I met there, but I'm having fun at the new center as well.

This is the Mermaid Parade at Coney Island.  Anything goes.

Another picture of the Mermaid Parade.  I missed it last year, but definitely going to make it this year.  Folk singer Arlo Guthrie and his daughter, Nora, are the king and queen this year.  Back in the 60's folk music was my thing. It still is.  Lots of memories. Who can forget "Alice's Restaurant?"


You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant
You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant
Walk right in, it's around the back
Just a half a mile from the railroad track
You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant

23 comments:

  1. Now I know why you like to go to Coney Island so much, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mermaid Parade is a lot of fun....and quite shocking. I can't believe our mayor marched in it.

      Delete
  2. I hope it was warm that day so no mermaids would get chest colds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, they hold it in June. I will say that I was in total shock when I first saw it.

      Delete
  3. Great photos, Mary! That mermaid parade shall we say, looks 'interesting" - where I live, one would get arrested for indecent exposure on the City of Reading (or anywhere else for that matter) streets! LOL!!!

    I see a tree in that cloud. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually could not believe that this was going on with the Mayor marching in the parade. LOL!!!

      Delete
  4. Love the old photos of your dad and twin.
    I see Godzilla or maybe a bat in the clouds. LOL
    I love succulents!! I am obsessed recently with them.
    That mermaid parade seems like tons of fun. I have never made it to coney island in my trips to NYC. I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should try to make it. Coney Island is world of its own.

      Delete
  5. I saw a little dog face in that cloud, possibly a poodle?
    And I thought, he must have just passed away and was on his way to "Doggie Heaven!" 😉

    I love your photos, especially the old one of your Dad and his twin. Old photos have always been fascinating to me.
    That Mermaid Parade looks amazing. I imagine you had great fun there!
    Your other family photos are so beautiful too. You look amazing!😊😊

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great fun, but so crowded. I got so hungry last time, but couldn't make it near Nathans or any other place. Next time I bring a snack.

      Delete
  6. I always enjoy your photos.
    The Mermaid Parade had some very brave mermaids in them :)
    Vintage photos are so wonderful.
    Your family photos are lovely to see.
    AS for the cloud photo...I see a skeleton riding on the back of a bat. What can I say. I have a very active imagination when it comes to cloud art :)
    You look great in your photo.
    BTW...succulents are not the easiest plants to care for. They can be over watered easily.
    Have a wonderful day Mary~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is with me and succulents. Never have any luck with them. Canceled my subscription.

      Delete
  7. The cloud is a flying donkey seen from above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a weird cloud. I saw it just after my Minga had passed, and I thought I saw her in it.

      Delete
  8. You look your always on some type of adventure. I only done blue apron subscription box. It a little to cold around here for a mermaid parade. I recall you asking me about zodiac charms I order them though amazon. And company is called Jeteho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. I will look into that. I have some chain here, and I'd like to make a zodiac necklace if possible.

      Delete
  9. That parade looks like a lot of fun! LOL! Love your bracelet! What do you see in the clouds Mary? Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I saw my Miss Minga. It was only a few days after she had passed.

      Delete
  10. I forgot to say, I love chickpea salad! Sorry about your plants not doing so well! Great pictures of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just don't have a green thumb with succulents. Never have.

      Delete
  11. A lovely post, with a great selection of photographs.
    The chickpea salad looks delicious and so nice to see your older family photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete