Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good Tuesday morning.  It's cool out, but not cold.  I want to get out today to do a few errands, but will be playing it by ear for awhile. My back was so bad last night that I went in at 7. It doesn't feel so hot now, but it never feels good in the morning. Have to see what happens after a hot shower, a couple tylenol, and a few minutes on the heating pad. 

I somehow expected this. I had even told Ralph before we went to Applebees that the seats in the booths were not kind to my back, but I sat in one anyway. I remember this happening to me once before after a trip there. Next time I will definitely tell them to seat me at a table with chairs. No more booths. 

Yesterday's wellness class was about stress. I really needed it.  Between my back pain and the ringing in my ears, I'd say I have been under a lot of stress lately.  So glad I have these classes to go to. Waiting patiently for the cooking class to open, and there is also a pet bereavement class that opened on Friday morning. Won't be able to go this Friday because of the bead show, but next Friday I would like to attend. It's been 3 years now, but the loss still hurts so badly.

Speaking of the ringing in my ears, I have pretty much adapted to the ringing in my ears during the day when I am busy, but at night when all was quiet, it hit me hard.  So I downloaded a couple of nature sound apps on my Kindle Fire, and every night have been falling asleep to the sound of a calming thunder storm.  I set it for 3 hours, and it not only helps with the ringing, but also lulls me to sleep.  I have always loved falling asleep to the sound of a storm.

Started a new subscription box and received my first one on Saturday.  It's actually for children but is advertised even for 'the young at heart'.  Each month you receive a number of projects to complete which are related to the theme of the month.  This month, of course, it was St. Patrick's day, but in my opinion they mailed them out too late.  Should have been here at least a week before St. Patrick's Day.


This month's kit includes Chris Leprechaun chia head.  Comes complete with a fancy hat, a lucky stone to paint (white and green paints included), a wishing pocket to sew and hold your wishes, a pressed clover and bottle kit, and a fairy feasting table to make.  And all for $8.95 plus shipping and handling.  Only problem with this one was the white paint leaked.  And anything I don't want to make, I figured I would put in a box and save for my great grands at Christmas.  They enjoy crafting.

Went to classes yesterday.  I try not to miss the arthritis exercises.  The gentle movement keeps my joints working and the arthritis in check...as much as it can be.  Hoping the new mattress does the trick.  It's coming tomorrow, late afternoon.    One more uncomfortable night.  It's a Bob-O-Pedic Hybrid Radiance Mattress.  It sure did cost enough so it had better do the job. 

What a lunch at the center yesterday!
 
  
BBQ chicken, gandules and rice and mixed vegetables. So yummy and only $1.50.

Have a good one.

17 comments:

  1. Glad those nature sounds help you get to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful. I always like the sound of a storm. Now I can listen every night.

      Delete
  2. I love those little sound boxes ... the ocean waves and the rain sounds always help me sleep at night.

    Cool box of stuff!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help especially since it masks the ringing.

      Delete
  3. What a fun subscription!
    Those nature sounds are soothing, I need to use those more. I don't sleep well.
    Hope you feel better with your back and your ears. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh, I hope to get better soon. I'm tired of feeling like this. This is definitely not what i expected in retirement.

      Delete
  4. Sounds of nature can be so soothing …

    Those mixed vegetables look very yummy!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They feed you very well at the center. They also send meals on wheels to 675 homebound people.

      Delete
  5. I am sorry your back is so bad and I know that ringing in your ears must be terribly annoying.
    I love the sound of a good storm, too, as long as there are not damanging winds---but give me a big old thunderstorm any night to lull me to sleep.
    I hope you have a great evening. Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had a restful evening. Retired at 8 and watched Groundhog Day. Now that spring is here I want so much for my back to heal so I can enjoy it.

      Delete
  6. So sorry that your back is giving you troubles and the ringing in your ears is so bad...hope the new mattress will at least help your back.
    Cute idea for the kits.

    Have a lovely evening 🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the new mattress. It's coming tonight...Wednesday. Hoping it helps.

      Delete
  7. $1.50 for lunch at your senior center. For senior here they ask for donation of $4.00. I'm not quite a senior and once in great while I will join my hubby there and I pay $7.00. Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. $4 is a lot to hit a senior for. Our center gets lots of donations because they also do Meals on Wheels so I guess that's why they can keep the price down.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about your back troubles. Hope you feel better soon.

    That meal looks pretty yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always wanted to try the nature sounds at night and have never pulled the trigger. I may have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry about your ears Mary! Take care of you!
    I can't believe you get all that food for $1.50! Wow! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete