Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning.  Spent most of yesterday packing away Christmas decor.  Still have the tree up, but that will be gone today.  How different my living room looks.  From the colors of fall, to the colors of Christmas, and now....hmmm!!!!  What do I say about colors?  On the plus side, it doesn't seem as cluttered anymore. 




Also made a soup out of some of the leftover pernil.  

Made it the same way I make turkey soup.  Pernil, carrots, celery, turnips, parsnips, onions, sodium free chicken broth, rice, fresh rosemary, fresh parsley, cardamon, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, rice, salt, and pepper.

Good news and maybe not good news on my latest blood test results. Good news is my vitamin D levels and kidney function tests are now within normal range. Awesome.

However, my TSH went from .053 to .038. I was hyperthyroid at one time and now it seems I have gone into hypothyroidism which will make it hard to lose weight. Must really watch my diet now.  Hoping I can turn this around as well.

Have a good one.  

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It tasted good. I try to use all leftovers if I can.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your diet. I am happy to learn what you put in this soup. I'm going to try and duplicate it with chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to get on the scale in two days. Kind of nervous about it.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your thyroid issues. I have to take medication for mine. And yes, the weight stays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you always feel fatigued as well? That's what made him test me again. I told him I was always tired and he said let's retest your thyroid.

      Delete
  4. The soup looks so delicious!!

    I hope things get sorted out with your thyroid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent for a thyroid diet book. I don't eat seafood so I don't think I am getting enough iodine. Looking for other foods to eat.

      Delete
  5. Your house is looking beautiful! It is so different, when all the decorations get taken down! The soup looks so good! My mouth is watering! LOL! I wish you all the best with your health!! I really hope your dieting works for you! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got one more day before the scale. Was supposed to do it last week, but knew I was over. Wanted another week to get back, but not feeling so great about that right now. Sunday's party did me in.

      Delete
  6. I’m always so sad to see Christmas get packed up...but at the same time I love to have my house back....it’s so weird!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually am sad, but this year I look about and I think how much better the house looks. No more clutter. Well, yes, there is some,but not the amount at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always tired, but that goes with the territory when you have MS so it was pure coincidence that the thyroid issues were picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That soup looks good!

    Sorry to hear about your thyroid problems, hope the diet book helps you. You may also like to have a look at this article here
    "9 Healthy Foods That Are Rich in Iodine"

    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/iodine-rich-foods#section10

    Take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete