Monday, January 7, 2019

Monday Morning This and That

Another Monday.  First full week of the new year, and I am looking forward to it.  Feeling pretty positive about the year ahead.  Lots of planning.  And if this week is any indication of what the year will be like, it will definitely be a busy one.

My doctor's appointment on Friday was interesting. I spoke to him about my Amlopidine. There has been a recall, but I didn't see my expiration date on the list. He told me that there is a protocol in place for recalls and he nor the pharmacist have not been notified to recall and until, and if, that happens, it means my pharmacy was not carrying any of the 80 recalled batches. I would receive notice from my pharmacy should that happen.

My vitamin D prescription was lowered to 1000 IU daily.

And as far as my kidney issues. Yes, they are not functioning as well as they were in the past, It's age-related and fairly common in older individuals. He will monitor it every three months, but at this point, there is nothing to worry about. I have enough kidney function to last me the rest of my life. I did research when I got home and saw that that was true. That was a relief.

On Saturday I had a lot of running around to do in the rain.  Had to first  run to the bank to deposit some money and then hop on a bus and go in a totally opposite direction to do my food shopping.   Don't usually do this on a Saturday, but I had to replace the few items I tossed because of the power outage.  

Had a wonderful time last night. Combination Christmas and surprise birthday party. Good company, lots of laughs, and plenty of food....none of which were on my diet list, but they were, oh, so good. Haven't had a slice of pizza in so long and couldn't stop at just one. Didn't even think about stepping on the scale this week. Hopefully I'll be able to get under goal before then, but if not, so be it. It's holiday time, and this was the longest and best holiday I have had in years. 




Class starts today but this party animal needs some rest.  I'll start on Wednesday.  Have a good one.

6 comments:

  1. Your final sentence was wonderful to read. I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you have been a TOTAL party animal lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It been a while since I party hardy.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to read that your holidays were fun. We ate and drank a lot also and now I pay. I dare not get on a scale for at least a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you have had great Christmas holidays, with family! That's excellent! I love the photos! Keep taking care of your health! You are a wonderful person! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see your photographs, looks and sounds a great time.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete