Thursday, January 17, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends


This little tract of land is located at Picatinny Arsenal, a military research and manufacturing facility,  in New Jersey.  During the early 1700's this land was owned by my ancestors, the Waltons.  This is the entrance to the old Walton Burial Ground which is being preserved.  
 The Whip.  This was one of my favorite rides at Bertrand's Island Amusement Park.
This is like a 3rd great uncle of mine.  His last name is Whitehead.  Interesting story.  When I was 18 I met my first 'real' boyfriend.  His name was Whitehead also. Richie and I were  together for nearly a year when I broke off with him.  I'd pretty much been isolated when growing up due to constant punishments for what I see now as nonsense...one month grounded for not buttoning my coat.  Went like that all through high school.  So, when we started dating I still had yet to sow my wild oats.  50 years later when I started doing my genealogy I saw this picture and realized that maybe breaking up was the best thing I could have done.  He's the spitting image of Richie.  Too close for comfort.
One of my 0 point meals.
Hubby and I about 25 years ago.

These are two of six Roman statues on a building around the corner from me.  The building was recently sold and turned into a spa, but the side of the building with all the statues was left intact. 
My two beautiful granddaughters.
 My ballerina music box.  About 30 years old.
 A deserted Coney Island beach.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see all of your photographs.
    The vegetables on your plate look delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to cut down on meat. Lots of veggie and salad nights.

      Delete
  2. Those Roman statues are beautiful! That meal looks so good for 0 points! Thanks for sharing the photos and stories! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those statues are special. They bought the building and were prepared to tear it down to rebuild. but those statues are of historical significance so they built around them.

      Delete