Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tuesday Ramble



So I got up early yesterday, and the electricians never came.  Not going to let them work here anyway, but I didn't want to be in my jammies when they knocked at the door.  I do feel bad for all my neighbors.  Here everyone gets their homes in order, and then they are going to come in and punch another hole in the wall.  According to the super's wife,  I am the only one with five  outlets which should make me exempt.

Did you every meet a dream character that you just can't forget?  It's almost as if they are a part of your waking life.  One night last week I had a dream that I returned to an old place of employment.  I knew I wasn't allowed to be there, but I snuck upstairs.  I remember everyone was glad to see me.  Then when it was time to leave, I went downstairs and the doorman was seated in a booth much like you would find amusement park or a feast.  I remember he wasn't very tall, about an inch or two taller than me, a bit chubby, in his 40's, and wearing a dark orange and brown plaid heavy flannel shirt.  "Good bye, Dwayne," I said.  He then looked at me and said, "No one remembers my birthday."  The last of my dream that I recall, my friends and I were off to buy Dwayne a birthday cake and presents.  Very simple dream, but thoughts of Dwayne continue as if it really had happened.

Several years back I read this book and obviously lost it in the move.  When I decided to read it again, I searched up and down, but couldn't find it so I loved it so much I ordered another one.  Started it yesterday and can't put it down.
This is real life historical fiction at its best.  

About the Book:
Pompeii was a lively resort flourishing in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius at the height of the Roman Empire. When Vesuvius erupted in an explosion of flame and ash, the entire town would be destroyed. Some of its citizens died in the chaos, some escaped the mountain’s wrath . . . and these are their stories:


A boy loses his innocence in Pompeii’s flourishing streets.
An heiress dreads her wedding day, not knowing it will be swallowed by fire.
An ex-legionary stakes his entire future on a gladiator bout destined never to be finished.
A crippled senator welcomes death, until a tomboy on horseback comes to his rescue.
A young mother faces an impossible choice for her unborn child as the ash falls.
A priestess and a whore seek redemption and resurrection as the town is buried.

Six authors bring to life overlapping stories of patricians and slaves, warriors and politicians, villains and heroes who cross each others’ path during Pompeii’s fiery end. But who will escape, and who will be buried for eternity?
Made a huge pot of spicy vegetable soup on Monday, and that's been my dinners all week.  Warms you up for sure and opens up the sinuses.

Have a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

  1. I suspect that when a dream stays with us, it does so for a reason.
    Your spicy soup sounds good and I will remember it when our weather cools down. If our weather cools down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew anyone named Dwayne in my life. Maybe someone I will meet in the future.

      Delete
  2. Dreaming is a way of escape from reality usually. Your dream must have some strong meaning for you.
    That book sounds like a wonderful read. I love novels based on true events.
    Yet once again, delicious looking food coming from your kitchen! Your apartment must smell heavenly when you cook.
    Have a wonderful day Mary 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started looking for some part time work. Maybe I will meet Dwayne there.

      Delete
    2. Mary you have been very kind and so sweet to visit my blog that I keep creating and deleting...thank you for your patience. On my art blog I have deleted the comments option.
      I will now just display some of my paintings there. I will keep visiting you here on your blog to keep in touch with you.
      Best wishes on finding a part time job.

      Hugs 💮

      Delete
  3. Spicy vegetable soup, very nice.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spicy food. I especially love Middle East spices which are what I use in my soups.

      Delete
  4. Soup does look yum and nice dinner roll on side would be nice.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would have loved a dinner roll, but still trying to get under my goal for WW.

      Delete
  5. That book sounds interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't put it down. Already halfway through it.

      Delete
  6. That soup looks so yummy!!! The book looks amazing too!
    Very interesting about that dream! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete