Thursday, January 3, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends



 A view of my building in the summer from across the street.
My money tree in its better days.  Hubby decided to 'assist' me with its care, and that was the end of it.  Don't know whether it was because he over watered it or if he put too many of those ties around it and cut off the energy from the roots.
Read this book a couple of years back.  Totally awesome.  Beautifully written  series of short stories that weaves the stories of a dozen or so people struggling to survive the days of the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Once I started, I could not put it down.  In fact, time to read it again.
My little Angel for animals.  She is so precious to me.  I know she is watching over my Miss Minga.
When I was a teenager I used to ride the rickety old thing over and over again.  Won't catch me on a roller coaster today.  In fact, you won't catch me on anything that leaves the ground.
My son, myself, my son-in-law Lance, and my daughter.
One of my favorites, Chickpea Salad.  Tastes so awesome.  Time to make it again since I am not eating Romaine.
This is one of the reasons I can't wait to get out of this neighborhood.  A bunch of pigs live here.  It wasn't always like this and is not on my block, but on the main avenue a block away.
 Little homemade fairy garden from Etsy.  The bottom is made out of leather. 
My mom with my grandson.  It breaks my heart that she kept them from me, but I have learned to forgive.  No matter what she had done, she was still my mom and I love her.
One of the many Mary statues from my church.

 A dreary morning on my block. Very light snow.
 I drink this tea regularly to help with my blood pressure.  Helps to keep it regulated.
The famous Wonder Wheel at Coney Island.

15 comments:

  1. I love your building...so historic and stately!!! So you want to leave that neighborhood? Are you planning to move anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the building as well, but I don't like what's going on around it. They are tearing down all the homes and putting huge ugly buildings in their place. Takes all the quaintness out of the neighborhood.

      Delete
    2. The two houses you see next to it are gone now.

      Delete
    3. Drat!!! They are taking some of the charm out of the neighborhood!!!

      Delete
  2. Roller coasters scare the bejesus out of me. I don't much like Ferris Wheels either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always been afraid of Ferris Wheels, even the kiddie ones.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love her. Her and my guardian angel are both special.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful family portraits.
    And hooray for chickpea salad. And rereading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For many years I didn't eat them because hubby didn't like them. I'd never eaten beans much at all so when he didn't like them, I trusted his taste because he grew up on beans. Boy was in for a pleasant surprise.

      Delete
  5. Mary, I adore your apartment building. It is a wonderful old building. BUT...I can see why you want to move after viewing that photo of the trash on that street corner.
    That book sounds very interesting!
    Delicious looking chickpea salad. I have never had one.
    The Mary statue is very beautiful.
    Nice family photos and fun rides.
    Your faery garden is beautiful.
    Your plant looks pretty healthy in the photo.

    Have a lovely evening 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention how beautiful your Animal Angel is ❤

      Delete
  6. I'm roller coaster fan, but some I won't do..To fast.
    I don't understand people who want to live in scqular.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was a lot younger I did enjoy roller coaster rides but you wouldn't get me on one now!
    The younger family members enjoy them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great post Mary! I use to ride roller coasters too! Not anymore! LOL! The Mary statue is so beautiful! I love your angel figurine too! Chickpea salad is one of my favs! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete